Versatility: a turn-on or a turn-off?

eurotopnyc

Curious about how others feel about this. I know that for many guys versatility is a turn-on, and it certainly makes for more variety of configurations. However, for whatever reason, versatility is a turn-off for me. I'm really turned on by total bottoms, and when I chat with someone online I always find myself making sure that both of us expect a situation with purely opposite roles. I don't even care if the bottom boy gets hard or cum, as long as he totally and unambiguously loves getting fucked and I see that in his face with every stroke. I'm not into pain or sadism or anything like that - I just want hungry slut bottoms who love cock and dare show it.

Which brings me to my question: Am I atypical in feeling this way? Are you more turned on by versatility or by contrasts? Interested in hearing from both sides.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Some guys like Versatility some like one roll or another, depends on the guy I would expect as well as the mood at the moment.

For me there was a time when I liked a versatile man, only because I enjoyed fucking as much as I enjoyed getting fucked. Right now at this exact moment in my life I just want to get fucked. I don't care if I cum or not just as long as the top enjoys my hole and leaves a hot load in my gut. I enjoy a good fuck, if I enjoy the fuck and the top cums I am a happy pig.

• Upvote 1

Variety is my true spice.Being versatile means,I never leave unsatisfied,plus,I'm welcome at more parties becauseI can do it all.If they need a hot bottom,I'm ready ,If they need to get topped,ready also.Too me,if you're not versatile it gets pretty one-sided.I believe everyone should leave with a smile.

• Like 1

I think this is very much a case of horses for courses. I am a total submissive bottom, and tend to prefer total tops like the OP. I completely agree with hungtopnyc on the point about completely opposite roles. I like submitting to a guy who demands to be the guy giving the cock all the time. I have no interest in topping at all. Just the way I'm made. If a guy claims to be top and then starts asking if I'd ever consider fucking him or taking the dominant role, that is a total turn-off for me. That said, I won't turn down a fuck just because the guy is vers. As long as he understands my declared interest, and doesn't try to "convert" me, it's all gravy.

• Upvote 1

I don't care if a guy is 50/50, 80/20 or 99/1 on his own time. But if I'm looking for a top, I want him to be all top for my play date with him. If I'm looking for a bottom, he'd better be able to pretend he doesn't even HAVE a cock for the next couple hours.

Versatility isn't a bad thing. I do it too. But my brain isn't able to flip roles in the middle of a play date. Pick a side and stick to it until we're done with each other.

• Upvote 3

I prefer Tops who are 100% ( or at least 90%) Top. I'm attracted to masculinity and the man who only takes the MALE role in sex is more masculine in my eyes. I don't turn down versatile guys - as long as they only Top in sessions with me. I can't be bothered with a Top who wants to change roles in a session or pressure me into topping him.

Bearing in mind that there are so few gay Tops around ( maybe 1 in 8 gay guys? ) my view is that most versatiles are basically bottoms who are just trying to get more sex. I know there are SOME true versatiles.

• Upvote 1

When I first came out and started making gay friends, I heard a joke about how "Versatile" just means "I'm a bottom who can't suck a cock properly". In my experience (and from what I've heard from my top friends), it's a pretty accurate statement.

I am a bottom, on my profiles I make it clear I am a bottom, and if a guy says he is interested in topping me (or having me suck his cock) I expect him to take on the top role during our encounter. I have had several vers guys swear up and down they are just interested in topping me, that they understood I am a total bottom; then they come over, we get naked, and suddenly it's "Wow your cock is so big! Can I blow you? Will you fuck me? Please? I wanna try sitting on that big cock! I know I said I was a top but I have a thing for uncut guys. Your cock is really big, you should at least try topping this once!" and so on. It's infuriating and I have kicked guys out of my apartment for pulling that crap.

It's like ordering a steak and having the waitress try to serve you a salad instead, then pretending she doesn't understand why you're suddenly telling the manager she needs to be fired. Pisses me off. I refuse to play with guys if their profile says anything other than "Top" or "Prefer to Top", because I got so fucking tired of all the supposedly "100% Versatile" guys refusing to do anything but bottom.

• Upvote 2

Even though I can either top or bottom--I lean more bottom, when having sex I want one role or the other. When I am a bottom, I'm a total bottom. I don't even think of my dick or touch it. I only get off after the top is completely done. Just the reverse when I top. That bottom bitch better not even think of touching his dick or he'll get slapped. I guess I like guys in their role. Now if the top wants to play with my dick, that's his choice. Whatever will make him happy.

• Like 1

Guest slobbvers

Well, guess I'm a rarity. Am a true versatile. Had a fuck buddy who would fuck me and cum in me. Then I'd fuck him and breed his ass. Plus, I'm an excellent cocksucker.

Versatile is good. The older I get the more I like to be fucked and well bred, but I do like to return the favour as well. After a good breeding session I get so fuckin horny I just have to flip over and deposit a load myself. That's why us gay guys are so much better at sex than the straights - we know it from both sides... Let's fucking spread the seed!

• Upvote 1

I don't care if a guy is 50/50, 80/20 or 99/1 on his own time. But if I'm looking for a top, I want him to be all top for my play date with him. If I'm looking for a bottom, he'd better be able to pretend he doesn't even HAVE a cock for the next couple hours.

Versatility isn't a bad thing. I do it too. But my brain isn't able to flip roles in the middle of a play date. Pick a side and stick to it until we're done with each other.

Deaner's words ring true to me. It also highlights the teu versatile types (1) Flip-flop versatile and (2) Serial versatile.

I define myself as a total bottom and in reality I am because I don't really enjoy getting sucked or fucking a hole. And don't care if the guy who fucks me or whom I'm sucking is top, bottom or versatile. I like being the top during the sexual interaction.

As many bottoms, when feeling very horny or in particular scenes, I could see myself "being serial versatile". If for example, I saw a hot young slut getting his hole bred, I may feel tempted to play the "top role" just because I'm too horny. For some reason, I feel this would definitely happen if I were poz. It would turn me on to play the top role. But for some strange reason, I have to admit that it's strange, I could not flip-flop with anyone.

I'm pretty versatile. I enjoy both top & bottom roles when fooling around - but depending on the situation I can either be a total top, total bottom - or enjoy a good flip partway through depending on what the chemistry is like.

I've noticed in relationships I tend to be more top-oriented, but when I'm playing outside of it I tend to be more of a bottom - but that isn't set in stone.

Sex is fun, and limiting myself to 100% one role or the other for the rest of my life seems silly - although sticking to one or the other depending on the encounter can be fun.