Choosing only poz/undetectable guys as an effective hiv prevention strategy?

NiceHard1

Many of us believe that poz/undetectable guys may be a lower risk to hiv negative guys than other negative guys who really may not know their status for sure, and could really be unknowingly poz with a high viral load.

There is of course little formal research on this subject, and so I would like to start my own. I'm interested in hearing people's stories, and would love to compile data to prove (or disprove) this theory.

I would love to hear about your personal experiences considering the following:

* Are you neg and choose to bottom only with poz/undetectable guys as an HIV prevention strategy? If so, how long have you been doing this? With single or multiple poz/undetectable partners? Do you take loads in your ass? Do you get tested regularly and continue to test negative?

* Has anyone had the reverse - attempted to bottom only with poz/undetectable guys only to eventually become HIV positive? Do you truly attribute your seroconversion to poz/undetectable guys, or do you think there might have been other factors affecting your conversion?

- How about guys trying to become poz? Did you find yourself staying neg from poz/undetectable guys, and did you find that you needed to find guys with higher viral loads in order to become poz?

Thanks much for replying regarding your personal experience from any angle of this subject. I would look forward to more discussion on this with anyone.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Whee this is something I can answer.

It went in stages for me. First was the relationship stage. Wouldn't have bb unless in a relationship. Was in a poly and took the other men's raw cock and cum while that lasted. But it was strange because back then I did not think of it as "taking their loads", "filling my ass with cum", or "raw cock". It was just natural and what partners do. The only reason I started barebacking outside was not only because I was stealthed/tricked by a hook up but also because the former relationship became so empty in more ways then one and sex was also non existent that I was allowed to play with others and every time a guy put his bare cock near my hole a part of me inside would tremble with fear...and excitement. But I had such a strong resilence back then about always playing safe and always checking. But as sex with the former partners decreases month after month to years that resilience was weakening.

After taking random cock and cum decided only to try it with select men and to be sure they were negative. And that assurance required only verbal confirmation with proof being nonexistent. To be a young fag. Then it shifted to as long as I asked the guy his status and he said he was negative did not care if I was really into him or not. Just wanted the raw cock and cum. Then after taking my first undetectable cock and load I learned about undetectable men having a lower viral load and by knowing their status it was safer.

I did for a short time just seek undetectable men and think that by having sex with them I'd be less likely to get infected. But then it shifted to just taking every loads and not asking. The logic by taking any load is there is no more logic. There is no longer a way to justify "safer sex" or "more preventative" sex. That's gone. So fuck it. Poz, neg, undetectable it diddn't matter. Well, even though I told myself that I was still nervous of pure poz loads but took one just to say I did. It wasn't until I actually met a top I thought was actually poz and not on meds that a deep crave and lust broke free and I begged and screamed for him to poz me and take change me that I'd take his load. After that I realized how I actually do WANT poz loads but still secretly denied it especially after learning the guy was on meds. But I couldn't hide that urge anymore and did go after a poz guy a few weeks ago. Poz guys really aren't that hard to find don't see why some people think they are.

After that I really diddn't care about status more so then I said I did before. It's easy to say something but until you fully realize or understand it you can't truly mean it or accept it fully. And the newest is that I believe I probably am poz. I've taken so many loads up my ass and raw cock I'd be stupid to think I'm neg. So I'll freely admit unsure or don't care instead of neg. But some part inside wanted me to choose who pozzed me since I knew it was going to happen anyways. It's not that I was bug chasing it's just that it started from being too cautious and worrysome to being an all out whore. The poz attraction was probably because it's taboo. Just like bb sex is to begin with. The more "gasp" and "stigma" is put on "poz" and "bareback" the more taboo it comes and the more desirable it becomes to certain people.

But basically I did start off with a single HIV prevention strategy. Condoms. Once I left that even though I tried to tell myself, "well if I just adjust this, or do this, or don't do this I can still be neg" I knew deep inside it was false sense of security. After every revelation the delusional idea of "staying neg" was shattered and the truth was brought out.

But I will say another thing about it. I find it very interesting how it could very well be all along this is what I really desired. It's kind of interesting thinking of something being so horrible or against your will when maybe all along it's a deeper craving and need that you could ever hope to control.

Edited by fuckboy20

I understand the concept, but how would you really know the guy is being truthful. It seems most guys who know they are poz are on meds. I do think there is less chance of infection with undetectable guys. However, nothing kills the mood for me faster than having a discusion just before getting fucked. I'm at the point where it really does not matter. I don't ask ever. If he tells me fine.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I am moving towards this strategy for HIV prevention. All the Poz undetectable men that I have met, seem to have a lot of knowledge of their status, being tested regurlay, and they are adamant about not being re-infected

guys that claim to be negative, tend to be more casual about there status, tell you they are not 100% sure, and I have known some guys that just get tested, when they feel they have some sort of symptom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, BiAthlete4You said:

I am moving towards this strategy for HIV prevention. All the Poz undetectable men that I have met, seem to have a lot of knowledge of their status, being tested regurlay, and they are adamant about not being re-infected

guys that claim to be negative, tend to be more casual about there status, tell you they are not 100% sure, and I have known some guys that just get tested, when they feel they have some sort of symptom.

It's a strategy i suppose, but it's sort of like loading the chamber of a gun with fewer buletts before pulling he trigger.  Taking this site as a microcosm, we know there are guys out there intent on pozzing other guys. I.e., people lie.  Taking PreP pretty much covers that because you know whether or not you are taking meds... that's difficult to confirm with a hook up. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/21/2013 at 7:06 AM, einathens said:

this is an interesting discussion, but how do you account for guys who aren't telling the truth when they say they're undetectable?

On Average, during my current time out on the DL, I have been getting a load every 4 months, BZ has been very informative with information.  What I have read, is I am not sure it's worth the side-effects of prep, if I am being bred, so infrequently; I must also admit, I personally enjoy the thrill. 

On 12/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, NastyRigPig said:

I don’t see how this can go wrong, after all, men never lie when it comes to sex. 

I probably should have elaborated on this, a bit more extensively; this would have to be established with an ongoing fuck-bud, that I get the chance to know. 

It's true that men lie about things, especially related to sex. But if a man is going to lie when he is poz and detectable/toxic, he's just as likely (or more so) to lie and say he's negative, as to claim to be undetectable when he's not.

So even in the case of people you know casually, it's probably a better bet than relying on people saying they're negative.