Cute Boy Gangbang Party

• 10 years later...

I was just feeling a bit of nostalgia for that site and found this post from ten years back.  I was living with my parents back east when I first came across it.  When the calendar updated to mark the date they were filming with Treasure Island, that sold me on contacting the fellow who hosted it about participating...

It was a great time, and opened the door to a few follow-up encounters with Treasure Island afterwards.  I lived in Cupertino and was both working and a student, so it was a while before I saw a some free time to write in a second time about attending another event.  I had been unaware that he was only interested in retaining participants who he could rely on seeing return with some regularity.  It has been nearly a year after I had only attended one time, and I'd been blacklisted for some time as a result.

I had not anticipated that requirement, but as I thought about it, it did make sense as a practice criteria to keep the number of tops from fluctuating too wildly in either direction.  It was disappointment combined with a realization that he had good reasons.  I sent a reply, explaining as politely as I could that it had been the special circumstances of the film crew that had drawn me out at a time when I didn't have the means to commit to more than that special occasion.  I conceded that his policy made sense in hindsight and suggested that I would have made it a priority to return much sooner if I had understood his criteria before hand.

He made no further reply, and I found something else to do with my free time that weekend.  I send a brief note the following month to demonstrate polite persistence and was relieved to have persuaded him to offer a second chance.  As much as I was enjoying the opportunity to be welcomed back to top, I didn't wait long to voice an interest in bottoming.  He was very up front about the length of his waiting list, and the fact that he had more months already booked than what was posted online, but I was in the queue at least.

A few days before September's party, I got a short notice request, asking if I was available to stand in for a last minute cancelation just around the corner.  He had sent the same message to a short list of guys from his queue, but I had been the first to respond.  He already had photos from my application on record and for two nights I was able to find my photos on the calendar, but luck is a fickle thing... 

Just days away from the event, a bottom from somewhere outside the U.S. that he had unsuccessfully tried to host on two previous occasions had found himself grounded in LA for a few days by maintenance issues with his private plane.  It was serendipity he could not refuse--I had just been bumped from the standby slot...  He did offer to get me back on the schedule earlier than I had been queued for, but it was not long before the site was replaced with "Under Construction" road sign pages and never returned....

I wish I could remember the host's name, but it's been too long.  It feel like is been on the tip of my tongue for a few hours now, but alas ... I think it started with a D, S, or K, but I am pulling a blank for now ...

I do recall that the party web site domain was cuteboybbparty.com.  it came down a few years before the message I am replying to was posted here, but I can confirm that with a little persistence with the Wayback Archive, that domain, and the years 2002 to 2006 kept in mind, it is still possible to dig up some of the original galley images in that archive.  I am looking at one under web/20030221040500/http___www.cuteboybbparty.com:80/files/2002_1117_184207AA.JPG right now.  The underscores are replaced by something pretty obvious, if anyone ever cares to locate it relative to web.archive.org!

I don't know anything about what happened to pull this offline as suddenly as I seem to recall it happening.  I'm sure the missing name will snap into my head at some point, but I have a great deal of admiration still for the fellow who went took on the labor of love to have done organized these gatherings.

Coordinating with his guests and the monthly bottom, all the bookkeeping that entailed, processing applications, filtering out noise, operating the camera that isn't gonna host itself, cleaning up afterwards, and operating the website were means to an end and not likely all standalone rewarding just for their own sakes.

Allow me to belatedly raise a glass...  ;)

--John

2002_1117_184207AA.jpeg