[iBLASTinside] Another Cyber Attack

iBLASTinside

To see iBLASTinside's original blog post, click here...

The hate for barebacking is sometimes so strange.

My blog is under constant attack. In August 2011, I discovered what’s called a denial of service attack opens-in-new-window-w.png. I took several countermeasures against it (I won’t say exactly how since I don’t want the folks to know how I am preventing the attack).

this-blog-is-clean-300x250.pngNow comes a new attack.

This one proved to be a malware*opens-in-new-window-w.png*attack. This may or may not have been intentionally focused on the site. Based on my research, this type of code injection*opens-in-new-window-w.png*suddenly exploded over the last few days so it might be a fault in some software or an infected plug-in.

I’ve disabled features here and at the BarebackWiki and BBBH sites. It took me three days and a lot of manual cleaning (that means going into individual files and checking code to remove it). Norton or McAfee doesn’t make a scanner to clean up a website. It’s a manual process one must do step by step. Most folks with a blog would not find this process easy to accomplish. It’s complex.

Google had blacklisted my sites so many people could not see them. I then had to ask Google to lift the blacklist, which it has except for a few pages on BarebackWiki. I expect those will be declared clean today.

I have taken preventative measures and will be monitoring all intensively. But there’s only so much one can do.

Allow me to ask you all to keep your own protections in place including a software firewall and anti-virus software.

Thanks to those who altered me, especially my good friend Carl (@ch4suk on Twitter twitter-tiny.png). When he first noticed, it was tiny. But it spread. And it took me a while to figure it out.

If you liked this post, you also might like one of these...

Travel Diary: What "Brotherly Love" Means to Me...

Is it bad that I think incest is hot? My next destination indicates it's a place where sibling ...

Will It Get Better? Really?

I've written a new page on my bullying experience that ended up costing me a job... You can view...

Watch Out Northern California!

Rumor has it I might (stressing might) be travelling to California next week. Just warning the San F...

The Eleven Commandments of a True Bottom(by a Bottom, for All Bottoms)

*Mark notes: I received this as a comment to my original post about Rage Against the Bossy Bottom*. ...

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.