[iBLASTinside] I Used Prophylaxis But I Still Got Infected with the Virus

iBLASTinside

To see iBLASTinside's original blog post, click here...

[h=2]It’s Not a Christmas Cold, It’s the Fucking Flu[/h]I wrote the previous piece about getting a Christmas cold from my nephew opens-in-a-new-window-ibi.png*earlier this morning. In fact, I couldn’t sleep so I wrote it around 5 a.m. Eastern and set it up to post later.

When it went up, I got a notification via e-mail as I sat in the doctor’s office. They’d checked my temperature. What had been 99° now hit 101.1°.

The cutest little nurse’s tech was training today. But with the doctor’s suspicion that I had the flu, he kept his distance. But I’d taken the flu vaccination earlier this year. Surely it was just a cold.

Nope.

Fucking flu.

Too late to do anything. Just have to let it run its course. Doctor says I have four more days of feeling miserable.

2013 begins with me bedridden and sick.

I did the*prophylaxis*thing. I used a condom for the flu. And look at me. I got it anyway.

So much for listening to the condom Nazis about using protection. I did. Now I’m fucking miserable.

And speaking of fucking*— none for me. You see, I’m not going to infect anyone with the Influenza B virus. Even if they’ve had it or if they’ve got vaccination for it or they’re chasing it.

Hmmm… now fuckheads who hate me… resolve this one.

If you liked this post, you also might like one of these...

Travel Diary: Sin City Without Sin

More than a dozen posts on Craigslist and hours on Grindr. Net result for almost four days? One ass ...

'Don't Call Me a Barebacker Even Though I Never Use a Condom'

Direct message received from TwitterMark, please remove me from your public bareback list. (Why ...

Travel Diary: My Welcome Load in Vegas

Arriving in Vegas is always an adventure. This time, it turned a little bumpy as, believe it or not,...

Drunk

He was drunk.Barely 6 o'clock in the afternoon, and his body reeked of the alcohol he'd likely b...

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.