[iBLASTinside] Q&A: Top Three Travel Destinations

Feeder

To see iBLASTinside's original blog post, click here...

Q. You've said you travel a bit. Do you have a travel experience you'd characterize as your best? What made it better than your other travel experiences? From @NickVGreen

Nick, Nick, Nick. Such open-ended questions! It makes it so hard to answer. But I'll do my best with my top three experiences:

Disney World Resort

Every time I go there, I never want to leave. Disney's expertise is entertaining every guest for every moment, from whenever they step on property until they leave. With many vacations, as it comes to a close, you get a little depressed and the thought of returning to the "real world" invades your thoughts on the last 48 hours.

Disney's invisible barrier blocks the "real world" from invading your thoughts until you leave the property. Unfortunately, an excess build-up does make the sudden onslaught of "real world" pressure an incredible depression. I recommend Xanax and First Class for the plane ride home, neither of which I had available either time I experienced it.

(I've also done Disneyland Resort, which is enjoyable and should be visited but is not anywhere close to the quality largely due to California Adventure, which is being re-imagined since it the park was originally built without any Disney magic.)

London

I've only visited the United Kingdom's majestic metropolis once. Upon arrival, I felt at home. The whole Shirley Maclaine belief in previous lives is a bunch of bullshit if you'd ever asked me before I visited London and its twisty streets and alleyways.

But London seems so damned familiar to me. I got there and just had a sense of direction from the moment I left Heathrow. No matter where I stood with skyscrapers around me, I could point toward Big Ben and the Thames, find the nearest Tube station and get us safely to the hotel.

Tie: Glacier Bay, Alaska, and Sedona, Arizona.

To describe these two locations -- one a barren desert, one a frozen wasteland -- seems almost impossible to compare how I could express the beauty of these two places and the beauty of the vistas offered. Photography, video, television and nothing other than you ass in the actual location can capture what these places look like.

Here is my description of both, as best as words might work:

"It is as if God bent down and kissed the Earth."

'nuff said.

Arizona+102.jpg

Ask anything. I'll answer.

1427209257094239631-8618993766197164620?l=iblastinside.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.