[iBLASTinside] Q&A: What Makes You a Geek?

Feeder

To see iBLASTinside's original blog post, click here...

Q. You have declared today Gay Geek Pride Day. What makes you a geek?

A. The top ten things that make me a geek (in no particular order)...

1. I absolutely love gadgets. There are times you can find me sitting at home, laptop in my lap, iPad by my side, iPhone within reach, Blackberry at the ready and a TiVo remote in my hand.

2. I sucked at sports. Growing up in the South, my choices were limited but I did try every single one available to me including football, baseball, soccer, track, cross country, tennis and wrestling. I failed miserably at each. I wanted a letter so desperately in high school that I finally turned to managing a sport in order to receive one.

Gay-Geek-Pride-Day.png

3. I can hack it. Literally. (If you have to ask, you're not a geek.)

4. I know what a gopher site is. (Again, if you have to ask...)

5. I was there when Al Gore invented it. Okay, so Al really didn't invent it. But I lived in Washington, D.C., when the rise of the Internet occurred. I dialed up and accessed it on a 1200-baud modem.

6. I check more than a dozen email addresses every hour of everyday. Not kidding. Not joking. More than 12. It's actually down. I got rid of several.

7. I text, therefore I am. There are times I'd rather type than talk.

8. The list is long. Not only do I understand, I do the following: Blog, vlog, MOG, microblog, friend, follow, deface, unfollow, Google, Bing, ping, trace, download, upload, update, connect, ban, hide, sidebar, link, wink, wiki, text, tweet, retweet and many, many more things....

9. When CSI (or any other TV show or movie) gets tech stuff obviously wrong, it pisses me off. Look, you can't "enhance" a crappy photo from a crappy camera so you can see the details of a scribbled note in a pocket in a reflection. That shit ain't happening. If the IP address is impossible numbers, my blood boils. I know it's fiction but come on, people, let's make it a little realistic.

10. Did you notice my glasses? 'Nuff said.

How do I know I'm a gay geek?

Cum leaking out of your ass might be a clue.1427209257094239631-6623009549486839209?l=iblastinside.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.