He stole my heart and stomped that sucker flat

otebbtop

These were allegedly the words to a country song. Someone can verify if they are so inclined!

I recently had a hookup for play...when I arrived and we were getting undressed and starting to get into some preliminary activities, he began to lament that it was his birthday and that the night before "the love of his life" had utterly broken his heart. I wondered to myself whether this was "appropriate conversation for the dinner table" but questioned the length of time during which this (now, unrequited) love had manifested--two months was the answer. An eternity--I'm sure anyone would agree.

Most recently met someone at the Club who proceeded to complain about their lack of enjoyment at the facility. Yet again, I found myself subjected to a sad tale of tainted love. This one was a bit more epic in length, being the broken-hearted man's second relationship of 10 years or more. I ended up in conversational role as therapist asking when this relationship had ended - two years prior. Now this, actually was "an eternity" ago and I told him the torch he was carrying really needed to be extinguished.

Perhaps I should adopt the screenname of The Barebacking Psychoanalyst, as "How do I do that? We work together." and "The guy he's with now is really ugly." were two things he said during our chat. I asked what had prompted the end of the relationship and he responded that the partner didn't want to be involved with him anymore. "He's very mean" was the more precise response.

I questioned whether the heartbreaker was "very mean" because he didn't want to continue the relationship, or because he was indeed heartless and cruel (that IS a rhetorical question).

This was going nowhere, so I wished success to him...leaving him to continue lifting his flickering lamp beside his own golden door.

Do YOU attract the lovelorn?

Edited by otebbtop
typo

I see the world as being divided into nurses and patients. I've always been a nurse, which is why I've worked as a volunteer on so many helplines. It does, however, mean hours of listening and not getting laid at the end of it all... <sympathy>

Speaking of the nurses and patients - you being in the UK are so lucky to be able to have the show Getting On (the real one with Jo Brand). I was able to catch a few of the shows on youtube but they've since been taken down and the newer season(s) never went up.

I really hate when great British shows are Americanized (Getting On, Being Human, some others).