About Being On Prep And Taking Loads

Two questions about this -

1 - Is this actually an approved method?  Good buddy of mine that was seriously pigging out on PrEP had to quit due to the side effects just last week.  He was getting into a lot of groups and being a cumunion cumdump.....not sure how well he's really going to do at stopping that once you start :)  They make such a big deal about being SURE you're neg when you start PrEP.  If you're starting and stopping it all the time, how can you be sure?  Not judging at all, just wondering if it's approved method (would it get prescribed that way?) or just a system that's effective in reality?

2 - I'm not being a wise-ass, but from your hot pics and posts on here, I'd assume you need to be on it everyday.  Personally I have a lot of regular fuckbuds , and I'd just assume you'd have guys hitting you up constantly for regular breedings plus the planned "heavy" slut sessions :)  If you were local, I'd be wanting that ass at least once a week, and share with my buddies too!! 

Good questions! 

1. This document from i-Base (a UK-based HIV Treatment & Prevention info centre) shows the Daily and Event-Based methods and how they work: http://i-base.info/guides/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/PrEP-leaflet-FINAL1.pdf

Now i-Base aren't a medical organisation but they are regarded as having some of the best advice, derived from the latest research. The way you can be sure of a continuing neg status on an Event-Based Dosing method is to never have sex without PrEPping first, and to follow the advice in the document above. As I said, Ipergay was the French study which showed this method to have an 86% reduction in HIV transmission rate, so it's not absolute protection, just a dramatic reduction. I know that some US-based Medical bodies disagree with the Ipergay study's conclusions and think the only 'safe' way is Daily Dosing, but medics always disagree. There's still a risk, I guess, but you just have to be disciplined in taking it before any possible sexual encounter.

2. Ha ha you wise-ass you!  ;)  :D I live in a small town where hot guys are thin on the ground and barebackers are a rarity. So generally I have to travel to Manchester or London to get what I want. I tend to stay a few days, fuck wildly in various places (saunas, outdoor cruising, Grindr pick-ups) then come home. A couple of weeks later, I'm in another city. In between, there's not much going on. The occasional Grindr fuck locally.

You can see this is perfect for Event-Based Dosing, and at the moment I'm being pretty consistent. Yeah occasionally I get hit on in public, and if I'm still doing my 48 hours after pills, then I'll respond. If I end up getting fucked in that situation, I just reset the clock on the 48 hours after.

As for local fuck buds, they're all wanting safe. I am in the process of advertising for new fuck buds or subtly hinting to current fuck buds that safe is no longer an option with me.

I've not heard of any US-based organisation that is advocating the Ipergay method, so I have no idea if it's being prescribed. The risk reduction is in the same range as Daily Dosing, but further studies may find different. I've lived with this risk when barebacking for so long, that right now it feels good to just reduce the risk. But I'm under no illusions - the risk is still there and I'm still getting tested regularly.

" If you were local, I'd be wanting that ass at least once a week, and share with my buddies too!! "

So then, I guess I better plan a trip to Atlanta!!  :D

Edit: thank you for reading my unbelievably long essay!!  :)

Edited by bb-brojack
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, OP here. Thanks so much for the answers and experience sharing. I guess i can go on and take these load. Been on prep for 8 months now , and still neg. All the doctors i met told me the same thing : it works. Taking the pills barejackbro, and it works too.

This is the first time I have heard of this too or at least had it explained to me. Too late for me but perhaps not for some of my buds. Thanks. (people should also be aware of PEP which is a post exposure regimen of a month's supply of meds which must be started within 72 hours of exposure to the virus)