Injecting HIV+ Blood?

Guest jogupo754

Guest jogupo754

Many people on this site say they have become positive by directly injecting HIV positive blood into their system. I notice though in most of these stories they also had sex with the person at the same time and are unsure which one worked. They did a study on inmates in the Georgia Department of Corrections long term and observed odds ratios for different methods of transmission (basically what was most likely to make you HIV+). What they found was IV drug use was almost half as likely as unprotected sex to transmit HIV. The highest transmission rate however was in cases of rape because of the amount of blood and semen mixed together in the genital area. This may be the key the combo of blood and semen combined.

Another piece of interest was one of my own professors who studied IV drug users in Tanzania who would inject "flashblood" or blood tainted with heroin because they couldn't afford to buy the heroin straight. After years of observation my professor was able to determine it takes a minimum of 35cc's of infected blood to transmit HIV. That is definitely something I would keep in mind as many smaller needles would have to be full to contain 35cc's of blood.