[Life In The Raw] Are you on any kind of drug therapy for being positive and if so wh

Feeder

Click here to see Life In The Raw's original blog post...

I am a non progressor. In the three years that I have been positive my CD4(white blood cell count, basically a measure of how strong my immune system is) has flucuated between a high 1100 and a low 1200. Doctors have you go on drug therapy when your CD4 drops below 500.

Thus I am not on meds yet and I haven't been.

As for cost, I know that cities have programs to assist with

meds if you don't have insurance, with a lot of funds raised by events such as the California AIDS Life cycle and donations.

Ask me anything

6205496180732721325-752464775991850555?l=mindtrip-lifeintheraw.blogspot.com

More...

When I was diagnosed my CD4 was 10, and my Viral load >750000. Since then my v/l has dropped to undetectable, the highest my CD4 has been is 150. Percentage is now up to about 20% (can't remember the starting point there ; but less than 10%)

I started out with Sustiva and Combivir (plus 3 months on oxygen), plus prednisone, Septra, fluconazole (plus?)..

After that it was Sustiva and Kaletra, trying to boost the CD4 (after it was stable for a while); plus the Septra. The Kaletra was murder on my intestines. I didn't dare going too far from a bathroom. Then it was changed to Sustiva and Kivexa (plus....). Now I am on Atripla only, plus Septra. The Septra is because the CD4 is below 200.

All the HIV meds are paid for by the province here. The other ones are mostly covered by my drugplan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.