[Wholesome Pig] #BBBH - Bareback Brotherhood - A (Not So) Brief History

Feeder

Click here to see Wholesome Pig's original blog post...

It was a casual exchange on 2/3/2010. It was a Twitter exchange that accumulated so many mentions we were running dangerously close to the character limit. @IBlastInside said it: "Okay, 140 characters isn't enough!" @ch4suk followed up with, "we need a #tag to watch any ideas?" And @IBlastInside answered, "#bbbh bareback brotherhood." And a movement started.

The people mentioned in @IBlastInside's tweet were @ch4suk, @athensgapoz, @hellskitchpig,@marc7atl, @fukkerkyle @meetthebreeder, and me, @WholesomePig. Suddenly, I was a "Founder." I was honored. And a bit overwhelmed. I've only been tweeting for a little over a month. I've been blogging for the same amount of time. Suddenly, I was tossed into a group that included bloggers I followed and admired for YEARS! There are tweeps in this group who were WAY into the 5 digits. But I was in the#BBBH tweet, so I was a "Founder."

@IBlastInside created a forum for us in his blog space, and suddenly "Founder" took on another meaning. I was asked to adminster one of the five Twitter lists to track the members of the Bareback Brotherhood. @IBlastInside set me up as a "Founder" on the forum. I had administrator responsibility. Which I had no intention of exercising. I didn't feel worthy amongst these men who I admired. Then @IBlastInside gently nudged me into starting a post about a touchy subject. He suggested I take some responsibility approving members. He had faith in me. And he barely knows me. I felt like I could step up and handle this role. Even if it was only a lucky fluke I was in that tweet.

Then it came - a Twitter war. Someone made a comment that was disparaging toward the Bareback Brotherhood. All because of the Bareback part. I saw the tweet, and I let it go. I didn't dig deeper. I'm not going into the details here, because @IBlastInside did a fantastic job with the that here. I'm sure it isn't the last one of those we'll see as barebackers in a community that too often maligns our choices. What I realized, though, is that I was feeling protective of my Brothers - even those with whom I've had no communication. But I allowed someone else to do the heavy lifting.

I continued administering my #BBBH list, I approved my first few members on the forum, and I welcomed new members as they joined. I followed people who followed me if they had #BBBH in the profile. I added people to my lists. Then I made a personal announcement that said, "If anybody wants to be a member of the Bareback Brotherhood, I am one of five keepers of an official list. Let me know, & I will add! #bbbh" People came forward. New members joined. Members who were on our lists and had no idea about the forum, joined the site.

So, I reassessed my role. I was a "Founder," even if by luck, and I was making a difference. I saw some tweets from a couple of guys who didn't really know how the Bareback Brotherhood started, or who was "in charge." I thought it would be a good idea for each of the Founders to put down their thoughts and memories about the "start" of BBBH. I figured I'd start and went back to the original tweet that started it all. @ch4suk sent out a link to the @IBlastInside's tweet, so I saved it as a favorite. Periodically, I re-tweet it to remind people where we started. What I couldn't figure out was how to get to the root of the conversation. I knew we had a little Twitter orgy going on at one point. We had talked about a meet-up in NYC, at IML, and at Gay Days. But I could not remember the tweet that started the conversation. So I did a Google search, and found out you could track back a conversation by clicking the timestamp at the bottom of the tweet. You tweeps may know that, but it was news to me. So I clicked back, and back, and back.

And this is what I found. A post I made thanking people for the large influx of followers I had. It was a post I made while I had a Twitter orgy going at the same time. And @ch4suk saw it, andcommented that he wondered where they all came from. And since I was having Twitter fun with him and all the rest of the guys mentioned above, I attributed it to @ch4suk, @athensgapoz, @hellskitchpig, @marc7atl, @fukkerkyle, @meetthebreeder, and @IBlastInside. @athensgapoz noticed he picked up some followers too. . And then @marc7atl rattled on about fear of penguins. The conversation turned to us meeting stateside, and that's where we ended up above. I realized, I was a "Founder" because I was supposed to be. To be clear - regardless of *which* thread (of the multiple we had going) in which we were chatting, this conversation was going to happen. It was the group. It was the energy. It was the Brotherhood.

We were horny, we were laughing, we were enjoying each others company, and sex or no sex, we wanted to see each other, touch each other, and make our bonds stronger. I actually crave it. As I was going through my Timeline tonight, I saw lots of new followers who attribute their influx of new followers to their membership in the Bareback Brotherhood. And that's how it starts. So, I encourage all of the members of the Brotherhood - please follow @IBlastInside's lead as posted here. Put #BBBH in your profile. Edit your profile down if you have to. Get that tag in there.

See the folks listed above? Follow us. No one is "in charge" here. No one person or group is more important that

the other. But we are a core group of friendly, sexy, brilliant men who share a mutual respect for each other. Say, "Hi!" to us. Interact with us. Have Twitter sex with us. And join us. We are the Bareback Brotherhood's history. I hope it's a long one.

What I also finally realized is none of us is less important than another. I am not a "Founder" of the Bareback Brotherhood, I am a Founder - no scare quotes required. I'm no more or less than any other member, but I was there when a bunch of horny barebackers realized that we were connected by more than technology and lust. And I'm proud to accept my responsibility of administering and, if necessary, protecting our Brotherhood. I hope you all join me.

1191873664582035724-9148860113923422823?l=cummydich.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.