Dating Lingo 😉

Carlos1881

When it comes to talking about dating/hooking up today you need a whole new vocabulary. And while most of us have heard of ghosting by now, you may find yourself occasionally pretending you know what your friend means when she tells you, "Ugh, I think my Grindr/Scruff/ BBRT date is cockfished me."

To make sure that you never mix up benching and breadcrumbing, ghosting and cockfishing, here’s a fun handy guide to some of the new dating terms you might or might not know: 

Benching

refers to the act of keeping a potential love interest "on the bench" by texting them and liking their social media posts, but never actually meeting up.

Breadcrumbing

Similar to benching, breadcrumbing means keeping someone interested in you by leaving them "breadcrumbs" — little nuggets of interest, like an occasional Instagram like — but never actually meeting up.

Cockfishing

"Cockfishing" is catfishing... but with a cock. People who "cockfish" send fake dick pics — they might be taken from online images, they might be photos of a former flame, they might be photoshopped, or they might even be simply photographed at a deceptive angle.

Cuffing season

People debate about when, exactly, cuffing season begins — is it September through March or October through May? — but basically, it's the time of year when it's cold outside and you want to start a new relationship so you have someone to snuggle.

Can you think of anymore guys ? 

Have fun guys ! 

Karl 😀

• Like 1