[Closet Bi] Too close to home

Guest wl101

Guest wl101

Click here to see Closet Bi's original blog post...

You may recall a couple of weeks back the missus and I attended a flat warming party of one of her work colleagues who over the years had become a sort of mate of mine too as a result of the number of times i'd seen him. My missus and I knew him best between 8 and 5 years back when he was in his early 20s and he was in a relationship with a lad 20 years his elder. We got on (as mates) really well as a foursome and I always had a bit of a soft spot for his mate as he was a couple of years older than me. Whereas the younger lad was a bit of a drama queen his partner was more sensible. Sadly 5 years ago they split and although we put the younger lad up for 2-3 weeks at ours to help him through an awkward period, we never really saw either of them again. Then, a couple of months back, the young lad moves a few streets down and we've seen him 3-4 times over the last month, including his house warming (where I bumped into the guy with kidney problems that I'd seen on Grindr)

Coincidentally, since late 2010 I'd been having very occasional chats with his older ex on Facebook as he seemed to be having a bit of a rough time in his own life and me being quite the caring and sensitive type DM'd him and asked how he was. To cut a long story short, he said it would be good for the four of us to go out socially again as we did 5-8 years ago. His ex, the guy down the road, said much the same. So I arranged it for last night. It was really good fun. I think it's fair to say we all enjoyed ourselves. We were at the bowling place about 3.5 hours, the three of them went through 4 bottles of rosé (I was driving). And the two guys got on well together even though this was first time they'd been together socially since they split quite badly 5 years back. Whilst both are single again right now I wasn't trying to get them back together or anything and indeed I don't think either would. But it was such a good night.

One shocking bit of news came when I joked at one stage that all gay men had HIV at which point the older guy informed us all he had been positively diagnosed in 2008. He then went in to explain the circumstances and how his life took a really bad turn around then, probably leading to serco conversion etc. He's also had a rough time with his boyfriend of 2 years cheating on him and only finding out a couple if months back. He's also had financial worries too.

Like I said I always had a soft spot for him and not only is he still in fine shape but spending time with him reminded me I still have a soft spot for him. To learn he was HIV really choked me.

We all came back to ours after and whilst the missus and the younger lad called it a night around half 1, the older guy and I chatted the entire night through to 6am essentially I was acting as counsellor listening to his woes and trying to give him some advice to help him along the right path. I so wanted to tell him about my bisexual behaviour and the fact I fucked raw. He was telling me about his sexual behaviour (I already knew he was a bottom) but was having to pretend ignorance at the relevant times.

Just for the record I so would if he ever wanted but I know for a fact im not his type. Also I consider him a mate so would never do anything to cause trouble there.

But he's the first person I know quite well to have HIV. He clearly realises he's as much to blame as the poz guy who bred him but I sense he's a little frustrated he was lied to as he didn't set out to get poz.

I hope I see more of him as a mate as I enjoyed spending time with him and perhaps if I'd been on the wine like the 3 of them were maybe I'd have said something about me earlier this morning whilst we were alone.

Anyway, looking forward to Wednesday's encounter with Hot Hole Guy.5276175319366823909-3715619146542110859?l=closet-bi.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.