Steamworks or elsewhere?

Guest BtmByTheBay

Guest BtmByTheBay

I've gone to SW before a few times, but was thinking about visiting other clubs where the action might be a bit more consistent... so far I've heard of Eros, Mack Folsom, Blow Buddies, and Water Garden in SJ. Anyone have experience with these places and suggestions? :)

I am by nature very conservative and self-conscious , but I would like to expand my horizons for this trip. I do not plan on renting a car and will be staying near Union Square. So, can any regular recommend some places for me to visit? I would love to meet an older daddy/bear type but that's just the cherry on the top so to speak..

I am busy during the day for work but should have some Tuesday and Wednesday evening and night to explore..

Suggestions would be very much appreciated.

If you'll be near Union Square and without a car, Eros is the easiest sex club to get to - it's on Market St. near Church. You'll very likely find a lot of Daddies and bears, particularly if you go in the late afternoon or early evening. Mack Folsom is best approached by cab, and is better much later in the evening, although there may be an after-work surge of guys looking to get off before they go home to their husbands/wives.

Ing,

Thanks for the information. If I caught a cab or a trolley to Castro, would it be worth my while? I have been to San Fran before but never did anything since I was to nervous. This time I really want to push the envelope so to speak so anything suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

If I caught a cab or a trolley to Castro, would it be worth my while?

The Castro is a fun neighbor hood to hang in, maybe have a drink and cruise, but there's no place for sex. Eros is on the way - if you took an F streetcar on Market, it goes right past it, and terminates in the Castro. Get off at the stop near the big Safeway, cross Market St. and start walking back towards downtown and you'll come to Eros. Stop and admire the poster by the front door - the man in the jockstrap is my husband.

Guest BtmByTheBay

Looks like the general reviews on places like Mack Folsom and Blow Buddies are kinda mixed. Eros sounds alright but for the no-poppers rule... and I'm definitely not looking for 'tame' at the WaterGarden. I guess it's back to Steamworks :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BtmByTheBay

Hmm... what's it like there? I've only seen a few reviews and the site itself isn't too helpful, so any direct input's more valuable :]