Atripla

lower_bucks_bottom

I've been on it for 3 years now - my first and only med, and I love it. Simple & does the job. I experienced the crazy dreams and night sweats for the first few weeks, but nothing since. I did have a foggy feeling for the first weeks as well, but that was also in part because I had an overnight on-call job that often kept me awake all night. If I had to be awake a few hours after taking the pill, a weird sense of depersonalization would sweep over me.

I've been on it for 4 years with absolutely no noticeable side effects. I guess I was just one of the lucky ones. I had a t cell count of 33 when they put me on it (and I felt like death) and I literally felt 100% better the following day of the first dose.

I am on Atripla, the first night I took it I was ready for sleep in a half hour. I was instructed to take it at Night before bed, maybe you should ask your doc about that too if its making you dizzy and doppy. I take it with the rest of my pills just after dinner and other then that first night have had no adverse reactions to it.

My instructions are at bed time on an empty stomach which I don't do.

The Tryclicerids is a huge issue, mine went through the roof after I started taking them, my doc had to give me another pill to counter act that so definitely get that checked out after a month or so of being on it.

I was on Atripla for about 2 years, with Sustiva and Truvada for (the meds it contains) for about 6 months before that. I had to get off of it. For one I never could get to undetectable (was always one or two points away) and my doctor said that wasn't good enough, and two I couldn't tolerate the side effects. At least twice a week I woke up screaming, and often woke up nauseous which didn't go away until I threw up. It was hell for me. I'm on Truvada, Isentriss, and Intellence now which works great. More pills, and the Isentress is twice a day, but the side effects are minimal comparatively.