Drug-Resistant Gonorrhea Going Global

[think before following links] https://www.nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/gonorrhea-treatment-new-antibiotic-shows-promise-drug-resistant-infect-rcna123390

New antibiotic shows promise for drug-resistant gonorrhea

“Zoliflodacin gives us a new tool in the treatment of gonorrhea, and if used wisely, a barrier against the further spread of resistant infections,” said Dr. Jeffrey Klausner, an infectious disease expert at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, who was not involved in the trial.

The antibiotic, which would be the first new gonorrhea treatment approved in decades, could make it to market by 2025.

• Like 1

I know I don't need to preach to the choir here, but I hope this new threat will straighten out all those "safe only" guys who have oral unprotected but not anal unprotected thinking they're superior and safer. My partner who is on the asexual spectrum has sex only 2-3x a year and he got the resistant strain of gonorrhoea in his throat solely from giving a blow job. It was months before he considered that he might have an STI, assuming it was a sore throat. I'm the hyper sexual one taking loads up my arse as often as I can and I haven't caught it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 2:44 PM, polyglutton said:

My partner who is on the asexual spectrum has sex only 2-3x a year and he got the resistant strain of gonorrhoea in his throat solely from giving a blow job. It was months before he considered that he might have an STI, assuming it was a sore throat. I'm the hyper sexual one taking loads up my arse as often as I can and I haven't caught it. 

My late hubby Greg was one of the lucky ones, who did not get infected with HIV despite being as sexually active with other people, and definitely a barebacker who caught plenty of other things, including a case of crabs when we lived together (not from me as I am shaven from head to toe), and yet I was the one who seroconverted from my infection. It really is the luck of the draw.