[True Life Tales] the work partner

rawTOP

• Administrators

Click here to see Nick's original blog post on True Life Tales...

My new temp job is in hospitality, and as you can imagine there is always one, usually a majority, of gays in the workplace. They are usually hot, but Im not attracted to them. Mostly because when im at work, im in work mode, in that I focus on the job in hand and do it to the best of my ability, idle chatter and flirting pisses me off.

My work partner came about last saturday when I was working a big massive wedding at a gorgous 5 star country house. It was the owner of the hotel whoes daughter was getting married, so the service was expected to be tip top, i expected it to be anyway. The wedding was complete with ice sculputres and a firework display.

the staff there were a rite joke tho. they were all, ALL gay, and the gay hotel staff would stand around gossipping while the managers went around trying to flirt with the staff and get in there pants. really, really unproffessional. One of the managers, Dave, I was running around like a headless chicken trying to find for like a serious problem. I found him eventually heavy flirting with this hot young slvakian guy. I asked him my question and he said he didnt care!

I was fuming. Us temps were workin our asses off while the rest of them stood around doing as little as pos! 5 star hotel! Later on in the night I am polishing glasses and Dave the manager is in the kitchen with some of the rest of us. There is a huge tray full of glasses that has to be taken through to the bar. one of the girls asks him too, and he says 'oh no I cant lift heavy things Im gay.' he had been kind of chatting to me just before than, while continuing not to work. he then said to me 'are you a queer then?'

'Yes' I said, 'but I can lift that tray.'

the worst bit was when i tried to and i couldnt then the girl who had orginially asked just got fed up and takes it through to the bar...with one hand.

So this Dav the manager was banging on about working for the queen for five years and going to the gay bars five times a week and the rest, and he was pushing 30 while trying to get in the pants of teenage staff. He asked me something and I just responded 'oh yeah I have a boyfriend.'

The words were out my mouth and I just thought shit, cuz i dont ya know. But i wanted to say it just to kind of get one up on him. Then I thought if im gunna lie, mite as well make it a good one!

So I painted this picture of my perfect partner. His name is Andy, we met in high school and have been together for four years now. We went backpacking around south america for a year after school, following much of the che guevara trail. We have a gorgous top floor tenememant flat that was left to us by his grandma. We spend out spare time going hiking and camping in the mountains, where we fish and hunt together. He is a training as a nature photographer so is currently on a photoshoot in botswana. When he is off work between postings he is a gym instructor.

By the end of all of that I was a little breathless, the staff around me were hanging on my every word and the manager Dave looked thoroughly pissed!

It was great because I spend the rest of the night talking about my incredible relationship with Andy, and everyone was jealous!

So because im working in lots of different places, 9/10 of the managers or staff are gay, and frankly most of them piss me off. so I bring Andy out and make myself feel better!

I wouldnt recomend it for permanent jobs, but why not have a bit of fun when your not going to be back there? And if you can visualise and vocalise your perfect partner, maybe it will help you find him? I dont think I want a parnter at all right now. I never went on another datre with Big, and Ive stopped texting him back.

The shit with Si has got beyond a joke. This relationship he is having with Garry is driving him, and me crazy. Ive had it out with him though, in a very public way...

but right now im going to bed.6753147806018412771-1618481311819038300?l=truelifetalesofateenageslut.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.