[Midtown Mutt ATL] Grindr Foolishness

rawTOP

• Administrators

Click here to see Midtown Mutt's original blog post...

This post isn't about any of my exploits (I am having one later this afternoon that I hope will be blog-worthy). No, it's more about the evolution (I use that term charitably) about the online-sex seeking world.

First, there was gay.com (are they even in business anymore?). Then a handful of others like manhunt and barebackrt. Then, with the introduction of the iPhone, we got Grindr.

I was in Ptown with friends last summer, and I think they had more interaction with virtual Grindr guys than they did with actual men. I have had an iPhone since the first generation, and upgraded to the 3GS, but was very late to the Grindr application. Other than entertainment value, I'd say it's barely worth it's free download price.

Not so much because of the app, because it usually works fine.

Not because of a lack of guys using it. At any given time, there are many dozens of guys on Grindr in a one mile radius of where I live in Midtown Atlanta.

No, it's because of the flakiness-from-anonimity that tends to be the gay man in the online-age.

I think I've had one actual encounter with a real guy from Grindr (and it wasn't all that great, but again, not Grindr's fault).

So, all this to say: Grindr is great for entertainment.

IMG_0130.PNG

3651432378394384842-2287776185847657728?l=lifeofamanatl.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.