[Breeder] Storm-Whupped

TheBreeder

To see Breeder's original blog post click here

I wanted to thank my readers for the emails and tweets and Facebook messages of concern that I've been getting, both before and after Hurricane Sandy.

I am in one of those areas severely affected by the storm and managed to see it all—fires, trees crashing down, the Long Island Sound in my front yard (even though I live a mile away from it). I'm without power and without reliable cellular access, but the important thing is that my household is safe. (Cold, but safe. Thank goodness we still have hot water, though.)

I'm hoping to get out some updates when I'm back online at home. Until then, all of you keep safe too, wherever you are.12316001024335229-2111773275497704825?l=mrsteed64.blogspot.com

More...

Sorry to hear your area was assaulted by the storm, TheBreeder. I saw an interview last night on TV with the governor of Connecticut, and was amazed by the damage in that state. Apparently the storm surge that hit Manhattan, the southern shore of Long Island, and the Connecticut coast was the real problem, although mercifully it was not as bad as the hurricane of 1938.

Although the storm physically was much much closer to Philadelphia than it ever was to NYC or the Long Island Sound, it came across the Pine Barrens rather than traveling up the Delaware Bay, so the river did not experience any significant cresting, and the City was relatively unscathed - although vast stretches of the suburbs are without power (damn those trees!).

Hope your neighborhood gets power back soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.