[iBLASTinside] What’s Killing People … It’s Not Sex

iBLASTinside

To see iBLASTinside's original blog post, click here...

“It’s good to see a DDF guy on here. There aren’t that many in Atlanta.”

His message popped up on Scruff following a common, “Hello, How are you?”

Of all the things. My profile on Scruff calls myself “healthy, non-smoker” but doesn’t really plunge that much further into the “drug and disease free” issue. As I read the guy’s profile further, he said he was looking for a man who “didn’t think monogamy was a type of wood.”

Funny.

But this fortysomething asshole was alone for a reason. He hadn’t figured out some fundamental truths.

“You, sir, need an attitude adjustment,” I replied.

“Oh,” he replied. “You must be POZ.”

“I have too much to live for than to waste my life with someone who will kill me.”

What the fuck?

“First,” I replied. “I never said what my status happened to be.”

“Second, you need to get the facts about what’s killing Americans.”

I began to cite the statistics included below here. He messaged the word, “nut” before blocking me after the first couple.

Let me tell you some truths:

[h=2]Causes of U.S. Deaths in 2009[/h]

• HIV/AIDS:*17,000
  • Heart Disease:*599,000
  • Cancer:*468,000
  • Smoking:*430,000
  • Gunshots:*298,000
  • Stroke:*129,000
  • Alcohol/Drinking:*85,000
  • Alzheimer’s Disease:*79,000
  • Diabetes:*71,300
  • Flu and Pneumonia:*53,700
  • Drugs: 38,300
  • Suicide:*34,000
  • Vehicle Accidents:*33,800
  • Murder:*15,200

Even though 100 percent of all HIV/AIDS cases are not Gays, you could attribute all 17,000 are to Gay men and assign the 10 percent to the other diseases. It’s not until after gunshots and before stroke that there’s less deaths from HIV/AIDS.

No one has an uproar over processed foods or smoking. Just consider the facts.

If you liked this post, you also might like one of these...

Travel Diary, Day 13: Fucking Filipino

Married with three kids. His naturally smooth chest in a dark olive only made his deep chocolate nip...

Travel Diary: Sunday Night Scavenger Hunt in the Sunshine State

Going to try something a little different. Tomorrow night, I arrive in Orlando and, if you're in the...

Travel Diary: The Eye Stared Back

Strangely, it seemed to stare back at me, through the thin*wisps*of hairs that covered his back. Nor...

On My 11 Resolutions of 2011...

Looking back on 2011, let us just say that the year that was is a year I would gladly not repeat. Bu...

More...

googling "gunshot deaths per year in USA" produces a figure of 30,000 per year, which is still startling. Naturally that figure just counts deaths. It doesn't include those who are shot but survive. A wiki article says that the rate of U.S. gunshot deaths is eight times that of comparable developed countries.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.