Interesting New Story: Bestiality To Be Banned in Germany

bb1991

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20523950

The "Anyone tried K9?" thread seems to be a pretty popular one on here; so thought would share this news story.

-Germany are to outlaw Bestiality.

I was surprised it wasn't illegal already!

I'm even more surprised that it was decriminalsed in 1969. And we think we live in a permissive society! How did that piece of legislation ever get through parliament, late at night when all the conservatives had nodded off to sleep?....???

A German court recently re-asserted a legal ban on incest. It jailed a man for cohabiting with his blood sister and fathering children with her. I suppose consensual sex between gay men who happen to be related also comes under this prohibition. So much for "kissin' cousins", right? Might be worth bearing in mind should you plan to visit gay male relatives there...or not.

I'm suprised it wasn't illegal already too. Anybody on here from Germany want to comment on this?

As for bestiality - I can't believe they decriminalised it in 1969 -WHY?! What prompted that one; it's hilarious but insane!

As for the incest; reminds me of a German priest I read about; he was in trouble for letting an uncle marry his niece - his excuse was to say that as god is our father, we are all brothers and sister anyway... and since all marriages are therefore incestuous, you could marry who you liked.

"But Michael Kiok, the chairman of the pressure group Zoophile Engagement for Tolerance and Information (Zeta), said he was going to take legal action to fight the proposed changes.

"It is unthinkable that any sexual act with an animal is punished without proof that the animal has come to any harm," he said, adding that animals are capable of showing what they do, or do not, want to do.

"We see animals as partners and not as a means of gratification. We don't force them to do anything. Animals are much easier to understand than women," Mr Kiok claimed."

:)

Perhaps the German legislators believed that if someone needed to be charged with a crime of bestiality it would just come under animal abuse rather than a specific offense.

Perhaps the German legislators believed that if someone needed to be charged with a crime of bestiality it would just come under animal abuse rather than a specific offense.

That's pretty plausible

In the UK there never used to be a specific law against rape because it could be punished under other non specific offences.

Rape was treated as a common law offence against property- women are their father's property until married and then husbands afterwards.

So technically male on male rape wasn't illegal and raping a widow was a bit of a grey area (probably quite literally lol).

It was only with the Sexual Offences Act 1956 that rape became a specific crime.

I believe Lesbianism fell into a similar loophole - the Buggery Act 1533 specifically outlawed 'buggery' as opposed to all aspects of homosexuality.

It stayed in force until homosexuality was made legal in England and Wales in 1967, in Scotland in 1981 and in Northern Ireland in 1982.

Because it was specifically 'buggery' (male and male) relations that were outlawed, lesbianism was legal throughout.

Wonder what specific thing prompted them to want to make Bestiality specifically illegal in Germany.

Has there been some sort of scandal or has it just become widespread and they're trying to crack down on it?

Guest Matias47

Here in the US it varies by state. I was visiting friends in Lancaster, PA one time and there was this great news story. A guy had been caught in a pasture fucking a cow and as there were no laws forbidding bestality in PA, he was charged with trespass and "misuse of a farm animal." Since 1999 PA and 10 other states have passed anti-bestiality laws. Washington State passed their very strict law when a man was killed after being fucked by a horse when he went to an infamous "Animal Brothel" there. The video of the incident was quite popular.

Guest Matias47

Speaking of bestiality; I was traveling across the country (US) one time and was in Georgia, a hundred miles or so out of Atlanta. My companion and I stopped for the night in a small, rural town and went to a local pub for burgers and beer. Well, as we were sipping our beers and waiting for the food we overheard the following conversation between some local boys at the next table (this is absolutely true):

"Man, I got so horny last night, I did my dog."

"Oh, God, that's fucked up -- you one sick mothrrfucker," responded the others. One guy slapped him on the head.

Well, after a few more minutes of teasing one of the other guys asked, "So what was it like?"

The guy screwed up face a bit, thinking, then said, "'Bout like a hog."

Then all the other guys nodded and said, "Oh, ok."

Edited by Matias47

Speaking of bestiality; I was traveling across the country (US) one time and was in Georgia, a hundred miles or so out of Atlanta. My companion and I stopped for the night in a small, rural town and went to a local pub for burgers and beer. Well, as we were sipping our beers and waiting for the food we overheard the following conversation between some local boys at the next table (this is absolutely true):

"Man, I got so horny last night, I did my dog."

"Oh, God, that's fucked up -- you one sick mothrrfucker," responded the others. One guy slapped him on the head.

Well, after a few more minutes of teasing one of the other guys asked, "So what was it like?"

The guy screwed up face a bit, thinking, then said, "'Bout like a hog."

Then all the other guys nodded and said, "Oh, ok."

That's hilarious.

And as for the video of a man being fucked to death by a horse; I'm half disgusted, but my morbid/curious side would mean I'd probably take a look

Bestiality should be punished everywhere, it's insane, people into it should seek medical help really.

im not going to say what you said is not right, but in a way i dont agree with that because bestiality is sort of like the topic of homosexuality. to me i think anyone should have the right to have sex with what ever they want and not be judged for it.

• Upvote 1