A MATTER OF URGENCY of a load

cumdesire

If you're barebacking, you're already taking that chance. Do you really think the "neg" tops you've had are all really neg? Don't fool yourself. There are numerous poz guys who want to fuck but can't find bottoms to take their loads and even more guys who say they are neg but really have no idea. The percentage of the gay/bi/married and cheating population that has actually been tested is WAY under 50%.

Look, while it's not probable, it's still possible to get infected by a poz undetectable guy with a low VL. There is no guaranteed zero risk.

Don't listen to guys like me who've been around the block more than a few times, have enjoyed our neg lives, and may not be as concerned about getting pozzed at this stage of our lives. I'm middle aged now so I'm willing to take a poz undetectable load, and take the minimal risk.

You are only 23--do your own risk/reward analysis--make your decision and go with it. Whatever you decide is the right decision for you. I wish you the best.

Also, correction: VL tests don't go to zero. The cutoff is usually 30-50 depending own the test. So "undetectable" doesn't mean zero. It's just a very low level. Smaller odds but still possible.

I get my bloodwork done by a County Board of Health in suburban Atlanta. For the past 6-9 months, their results for undetectable have been able to pinpoint down to zero or one, though anything under 20 is still considered undetectable. Older tests were only able to give accuracy above 40.

As was mentioned previously, however, that is blood not semen. Also, viral load can vary by a few dozen points throughout the day. If he's fastidious with his meds and has been reliably undetectable for more than one blood draw... that's about as safe as you can possibly expect him to be for someone with HIV. Anyone else, by comparison, is a roll of the dice. You never know if they're lying, have never been tested, have been exposed since their last test, or are positive while truly believing that they are negative.

Sometimes it's like driving a car without a seat belt. You can never be 100% certain, and sometimes all the seat belts and airbags in the world won't make a difference. Just getting into the car puts you at risk of a wreck, and it's quite possible that you're less likely to survive the trip to the store to buy condoms than you are of catching HIV.

I get my bloodwork done by a County Board of Health in suburban Atlanta. For the past 6-9 months, their results for undetectable have been able to pinpoint down to zero or one, though anything under 20 is still considered undetectable. Older tests were only able to give accuracy above 40.

As was mentioned previously, however, that is blood not semen. Also, viral load can vary by a few dozen points throughout the day. If he's fastidious with his meds and has been reliably undetectable for more than one blood draw... that's about as safe as you can possibly expect him to be for someone with HIV. Anyone else, by comparison, is a roll of the dice. You never know if they're lying, have never been tested, have been exposed since their last test, or are positive while truly believing that they are negative.

Sometimes it's like driving a car without a seat belt. You can never be 100% certain, and sometimes all the seat belts and airbags in the world won't make a difference. Just getting into the car puts you at risk of a wreck, and it's quite possible that you're less likely to survive the trip to the store to buy condoms than you are of catching HIV.

You're right

We didn't met this time, maybe few weeks ;ater when he'll comeback. But a guy not so far from me is interested with the hook up for this night. He was tested three weeks ago and claims that fuck once from then (with a condom).