[Defiant Barebacker] So, It Is True...

rawTOP

• Administrators

Click here to see Defiant HIV+ Bareback Fucker's original blog post...

Previous to last week the information I had to go on that I was HIV+ was a viral load test that is done on a periodic basis. This, together with a person's t-cell count and related percentage, gives an indication of where one is in the HIV lifecycle on the path to full blown AIDS. I had not yet seen an actual positive test result for HIV antibodies. I did see an inconclusive test back in October, meaning that my actual status was unclear, but not an HIV+ result.

For my most recent testing cycle I asked my doctor to do the anti-body tests again so I could see the result that we already understood to be the case. Of course, it came back in full bloom. In the previous set of tests we actually had drug resistance testing done, and it turns out that I have a strain that is highly susceptible to all lines of current medication. In short I am indeed HIV+ and I have options.

What I do not appear to have is lots of time. My t-cell count was at 438 in this most recent test cycle. While I am not currently on a danger line, this number (along with a look at how the t-cell count has fared over the last six months) seems to say that I will be taking medication within another 12 months if not sooner. Some guys get years, I appear to have up to about 1.5 years max. With 350 being the line where medications are definitely recommended, I have about 88 to go. We burned through about 30 in the last six months, so I guess you can do the math...

I am ready though. I have done some reading and I think starting sooner rather than later is a better option for me. While the pharmaceutical companies won't say so, there is anecdotal evidence that taking medication and getting to a state that is called "undetectable" reduces risk to others that I play with. Also, it seems that the longer HIV is left unchecked the more potentially irreversible damage it can do to the immune system. Both points lead me to think getting started soon is in everyone's best interest.

The only thing holding me back at this point is a trip I have scheduled for September. Visiting Russia is a lifelong goal that I want to act on before I have to take medication. While it may not really be an issue, I do not want HIV to be something that derails this goal if I can help it. So, the plan is to hold off until after this trip. Once done, even if I am at roughly 408, which is what my estimate is for where I will be, I am diving in and getting started... If things turn down sooner, I will do what I have to do earlier.

In the mean time, I will ride my bike (the AIDS/Lifecycle is coming up in just about two months) and I get over the the Steamworks every now and then to take and give hot loads with hot guys... I may even have a hot guy lined up for Sunday that likes to eat ass and plow it, meaning I will spend a few hours on my face contemplating where I am at...

It is ALL true...5659550056261962395-7682972993902682992?l=rawone408.blogspot.com

More...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.