little help, little advice...

• 1 month later...

I have dated a poz guy. When he first told his status, I was a bit nervous, but I took the plunge and went for it. I understood the risks, and decided that I could live with any possible future issues that may arise. Both my own health and his. We usually used rubbers when he fucked me, he was concerned and didn't want to possibly infect me, he had infected a previous partner, and didn't want to give it to anyone else. We did bareback a couple of times, but he did pull out. Beyond that, it was the same as dating any other guy, and I didn't think twice about it. We did break up after a year and a half, but it certainly wasn't due to the HIV, and I definitely don't regret living with him and sharing my life with him for that time. We didn't really have access to PrEP drugs at the time or I would have been on them really quick, I can't stand rubbers.