Site Changes - I didnt get to share...

neg4poz

while I am certain that I have NOTHING to say that will change the direction in which the the site owner/mods have decieded to go - I kind of feel cheated in that I didnt have the op to share - after all we talk about education and community here - I think its a good idea that we continue the discussion at least so we all feel that we have had the opportunity to CONTRIBUTE to probably the most important topic on the boards - which is where the site is heading....

I agree that the current formula doesnt work in specific areas - I have the infractions to show for it - I have had several infractions for talking about bugchasing in the gen discussion section - and yet there is the recent "an acceptable chase of stealthing" thread which reads like a free for all of bugchasing and obviously no hands were smacked - I once recieved and infraction for making a "poz" comment in the photo section in which the photo was a biohaz tattooed top guy barebacking a "healthy looking voluptious bottom" - what was I suppossed to say - nice pants?

this is a quote from RAW:

"Do you know Just Us Boys? I want the bareback version of that site... JUB is way more vanilla than this site will ever be just 'cause genuine barebacking is raunchy sex. But honestly I want a site that presents a mentally healthy approach to raw sex. Where guys can come to terms with the risk they're taking and then dive in with both feet and enjoy themselves and make the most of their sex lives without needing meth to do it."

in other words come to terms with the fact that they are bugchasers?

at minimal we all have to agree that there is a cross over - where ever there is barebacking there is at minimal an under current of chasing - many of you will disagree with my point of view that ALL bareback bottoms are indeed bugchasers - and thats fine - but at minimal you have to agree that there is an element of chasing associated with the risk that they are willing to take to have cum running out their assholes... there are always exceptions - but the majority of guys dont set out a course of action to say "I want to be a meth head or a crack head" -but does that make them any less of a drug addict a month later when they are hooked? does putting 3 bullets in a revolver and playing russian roulette make anyone less suicidal because there is a chance that they might not kill themselves?

this is the BREEDINGZONE - it is based on the owners own words as a place for guys to come to terms with a BAREBACKING lifestyle -

"JUB is way more vanilla than this site will ever be just 'cause genuine barebacking is raunchy sex. But honestly I want a site that presents a mentally healthy approach to raw sex. Where guys can come to terms with the risk they're taking and then dive in with both feet and enjoy themselves and make the most of their sex lives without needing meth to do it."

I couldnt agree more - this isnt kid stuff - barebacking is raunchy sex - BUT is hiding the reality of the link of bugchasing really a healthy approach? the risk of barebacking IS bugchasing - the risk of T or Meth or X or whatever they are calling it today IS addiction - the risk of barebacking IS bugchasing - wether its subconcious or intentional or wether they are just to oblivious to give it a thought at all which is a highly recoginized path many take - EYES WIDE SHUT - ignorance is bliss - its all fun and games until someone puts their eye out is the olde saying...

so I ask - is it really the path to healthy raw sex to put blinders on to bugchasing - or is it just neat and tidy?

===========================

I am VERY experienced with the successes of internet sites - I will be happy to qualify in a private message with RAW if he would like - here is a few winning formulas I suggest to you...

fairness across the board - the only requirment for the site should be the interest of BAREBACKING - all who share that passion should be welcome EQUALLY - chasers shouldnt bare (pun intended LOL) the cost of being a special interest and pay to access what they are interested in - if one pays then ALL pay - and if one can earn privledges then all can earn privledges - the formula for charging chasers or chemers only to access special interest is a LOSING formula - its not fair - its not a level playing field...

if you want to build a community then there has to be a nonsexual section - we are not just sex - a COMMUNITY has outside interest - current affairs - music - media etc etc etc the list goes on and on - you dont just want the membership here when they are horny - you want them here as a HOME - that includes a place to talk about worldly things - and a place to play games and frolick - a section that is completely NONSEXUAL not only provides that place - but it will boost the sites postings - and in turn boost the ranking of the site in search engines - its a win win *NOTE - think hard about wether you want to include religious and political topics - they can be double edged and be very argumentive - do you want members fighting? do you want the boards to look sloppy? hard rules in place to prevent namecalling can work to keep things neat and allow inclusion of these delicate topics but in the end it will take much more moderating... this is where COMMUNITY is born - this is where bb and chasers and chems come together with their differences and values put aside and their common ground bound....

segregate more in the other areas - if you dont want poz remarks in the photo section then dont allow poz pics in that section and create a poz pics section in the chasing section - same for chems or anything else - if there is going to be sections then they should be all inclusive to that subject matter - you cant dangle grapes and not expect members to nibble - if you dont want comments like "what a beautiful fucking aids injector" in the photo section then make another photo section...

whatever you deciede to do it should be a LEVEL playing field - no single type of member or special interest should bare more than any other - its is a LOSING scenerio

Guest JizzDumpWI

n4t, interesting post. I hope you don't get whacked for it. Indeed there are clear risks for those of us who embrace BB. I think the focus on just one STI is troubling.

Bottom line though I think rawTOP is really trying to focus on the barebacking we all love, and less on the outcomes whose acceptance varies. That said, you have some attractive ideas for moving BZ to more a barebacker community (faults and all).

• Administrators

Try running this site for a week or two and you'll understand where I'm coming from. Most guys who bareback are not meth addicts. The ones who are neg probably aren't usually wanting to become poz. The poz guys probably aren't looking to be gift givers. Yet meth, bug chasing and gift giving dominate this site. I just want it to have a better balance. Some of the dominant topics on this site are huge turn-offs to a lot of barebackers. I don't want to only serve a subset of a subset.

And there's a huge difference between a serious discussion about risk taking where guys accept they will probably become poz and some of the "HIV fetish" conversation where becoming poz is the objective, not the side effect. Then there are the STD chasers who want to get sick and "full-blown" - shit like that should never be a public discussion - it needs it's own place.

Chem sex... Other than pot, poppers and alcohol I have zero interest in fostering that discussion. It has it's own space on here because I know a lot of barebackers are into it and because I don't want the conversation seeping into other discussions on the site.

And yes, moderation can be a little uneven. We try, but there are only so many of us who moderate the site. If you see something that seems wrong there's a little triangular button below each post - click on it and report it so we notice.

But when I moderate I ask myself whether something has crossed the line into "HIV fetish" - honest discussions of becoming poz are fine.

I'm closing this thread. This really isn't up for discussion. You probably won't understand the changes until you see them in action.