Beefy but no love handles?

rawTOP

• Administrators

How do guys manage to be beefy but not have love handles? Is it genetics?

post-1-140864347463_thumb.jpg

(click thumbnail to see bigger pic).

I mean that guy's not thin - he's carrying some fat, but when I have that much fat I have some serious love handles. Does he just have good genetics? What's his secret? Does anyone know?

I mean that guy's not thin - he's carrying some fat, but when I have that much fat I have some serious love handles. Does he just have good genetics? What's his secret? Does anyone know?

It's not like they're not there. I'm sure that if you grabbed him in the love handle region you could feel the body fat (not that that's a bad thing, the dude in the pic is quite hot and totally fuckable). I think it's a combination of a few factors:

1.) As Jake said, genes play a big role, that goes for the bone structure (e.g. hips / shoulder width ratio), the softness of the fatty and connective tissue, the elasticity of the skin as well as fat distribution.

2.) When talking about the skin, age also plays a role. The guy in the picture is made to look mature (beard, hairy breast etc.), but probably is quite young still.

3.) Then there is overall muscularity. The guy is seriously muscled, also when it comes to the center section / lower back. Most guys who want "to look good on the dancefloor" train their arms, pecs and abs, and magazines like Men's Health cater to that market. But dumbbell curls and crunches alone don't help shit when you're beefy. You gotta put in the work and do all the uncomfortable stuff (300lb+ deadlifts, heavy squats, pull-ups etc.).

4.) Also look at the legs. Many guys in the gym just ignore them, but you need substancial legs like the guy in the picture to balace the upper body. Broad shoulders, substancial lats / lower back and tree-like legs make for a harmoniously wide frame.

5.) Clothing. Expertly chosen for the guy in the picture. If you try to fit a beefy frame - even a muscular one - into e.g. skinny jeans your love handles will show.

IMHO - besides genes - one of the most important factors would be if you train correctly, i.e. heavy and intense with the right exercises.

Damn! The guys with no pronounced love handles are lucky bastards!

Yeah, but there's a lot one can do. Believe me, switching from a Men's Health type training regime to serious weight training will pay off.

Edited by GermanFucker

If you don't have the genes and don't want to spend hours in the gym, try non-surgical liposuction. It's not that expensive and it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-surgical_liposuction

I didn't tell my bf I did this and he would never let me hear the end of it if he knew I did it. But he loves my body now and wants to fuck all the time - even when I want to sleep!

• Administrators
If you don't have the genes and don't want to spend hours in the gym, try non-surgical liposuction. It's not that expensive and it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-surgical_liposuction

I didn't tell my bf I did this and he would never let me hear the end of it if he knew I did it. But he loves my body now and wants to fuck all the time - even when I want to sleep!

Since you've done it - how much does it cost? Did you do the ultrasonic or laser?

• Administrators
Ultrasonic cavitation was about $200 per session

Endermology was $125.

Results are visible after just one session. I dropped a clothes size.

You don't lose weight. You lose fat and it tightens the skin too.

Lots of videos on youtube:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7zMi9OF7C4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZ7zMi9OF7C4

How many sessions do you need? Or how much is accomplished in a session? Do you do a session of Endermology every time you do the Ultrasonic cavitation?

Are the results permanent? What do you mean you don't lose weight? How can you lose fat and not lose weight?

The person who does the procedure can look at your body and advise you on what you should do. I started with endermology (3 sessions) because I lost 60 pounds back in 2011. My skin was not sagging but needed tightening. I then did a few sessions of ultrasonic cavitation to get rid of the remaining gut and the love handles. This was two months ago and my body has not reverted back. I even started working out more and have some muscle definition now. Being the perfectionist that I am, I racked up a bill of about $1500 but that was for about ten sessions. If you only have small love handles, maybe a couple of sessions is enough.

For some body types, diet and exercise can only get you so far. So I went the cosmetic route. My only regret is that I didn't know about this a couple of years ago. Totally non-invasive. And I am getting more guys as a result. I didn't look my age to start with and I now have the situation where guys really don't believe me when I tell them I'm well into my 40's.

I can't really explain why my weight hasn't changed. I had a beefy (endormophic) build to start with. I gain muscle easily which weighs more. I have gotten away from being too obsessed with weight anyway. I focus more on my waistline (maintaining a 37-38 inch waist) and body shaping.