IML or MAL?

sjv209

Don't know if this is the best place for this post...there's no general travel forum.

Anybody been to both IML and MAL? Which is better? Are the scenes different?

My budget would only let me go to one of them in 2014, and MAL is coming up fast. They both claim to be the best and biggest leather/fetish gatherings, so which is true?

Thanks

I've been to both and had a great time at both events. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I think IML is a bigger event (I went to both 10 years ago so there's that caveat) but I had a great time at both and a lot of piggy sex.

I prefer MAL to IML, but I have more friends in Chicago, and belong to a club there, so that balances it in favor of IML.

MAL: Attracts larger percentage of guys into S/M (IMHO), the weather is iffy, the host hotel is in a dead zone on weekends (dead for bars, restaurants, etc.) but great if you want to take a few hours to see the Mall/Smithsonian during the day, the Eagle is about a 20-minute walk, cabs are cheap, Dupont Circle is a short cab ride, great dances.

IML: Is more dress-up leather than real S/M (again IMHO--but it's a bigger event, so there's plenty of serious S/M players), the weather's better, the host hotel is also in a dead zone on weekends and it's far from Boystown and Andersonville (the new Boystown).

There are off-site play parties that go on during each that are not part of the events (primarily fisting in DC, serious S/M in Chicago--but there's some of both at each), lots of sex at each, and a surprising number of guys who bring their own portable slings.

If you've never been to either, flip a coin and go on alternate years.

TattPig, thanks for the info...that's what I was looking for. I'm pretty familiar with DC and already knew that the host hotel was across town from the U Street/Dupont "fun" area, but I'm disappointed to hear that the IML host hotel is similarly situated in a dead zone.

I guess all I care about at both events is the piggy sex that goes on....so maybe I will just flip a coin.

Went to IML in 2010 and 2011 TattPig is right, There's a lot of guys that do a lot of the rubber/leather dress up but are not really into the scene. There are parties hosted in rooms and the staircases are places to meet people too for sex. Most play parties are not really "advertised" online so you have to mingle and talk to people to find out where the fun is happening. We got invited to a spanking party,paddles were laying all over the place and a surplus of butts up in the air. (apparently the owner of Manhunt was the host)

Just made my hotel reservations today for IML 2014. I've never been, but have several friends who have gone and said it is amazing. I'm looking for a young cumdump slut to take with me to whore out at the hotel. If any young slut wants a free trip to IML, email me!