What's the big fuss is when it comes to other STDs?

HIV is bad because until it was controllable it killed you. Pretty fast and very ugly. Until HIV popped up, we pretty much had everything else tackled, except we're getting too complacent....

What worries me isn't fancy new viruses from a jungle somewhere... It's treatment resistant strains of what we already have around. Gonorrhea might not kill you, but I for one don't really look forward to the sensation of pissing razor blades until it passes (who knows how long that takes?). Syphilis on the other hand, you might not notice at first.... Until you lose your sight, your mind or die.

The more we breed each other without taking care of ourselves, the stronger we're making the bugs.

Get checked and treat yourself if you're going to play. "Hot Loads" sounds pervy and hot, but it gets to be a pain if its not treatable

Edited by wolf
  • Upvote 1

I don't want any other STDs for the same reason that I don't want the flu, a broken arm, diabetes or any other ailment: Who needs the bother? I've managed to adapt to HIV and even transform it into a sexual enhancement. Syphilis, gonorrhea, hep C, et al., just don't hold the same appeal to me.

I owe it to  my tops to offer them a clean hole to fuck. And not  just a well hosed out chute- but one that gets tested and  checked  every 90 days ( yeah, I am aware  the 2nd day after the test I could catch something, but  due diligence is part of  bottoming out) And, since a lot of the guys who  fuck or fist me are partnered and playing outside the relationship, I sure as all fuck do not want to spread something to them that they then take home-- and have to explain how they caught an STD in a "monogamous" setting. And for me- the big fuss is pretty  basic-- if I am  down with a STD ( and if I have one, I am really down)  I am not getting cum. I think  once a boy can sport a hard dick, it  is an understood obligation to NOT keep on  running around dripping syph or gonno  or anything else- treat it and stop the chain, and everyone can be in the game a lot longer

• Upvote 3

I'd like to see the gay health clinics place even more emphasis on education and testing and less on preaching and trying to scare the whores.

If you are bb'ing on a regular basis with different guys, you are going to catch something at some point even if you have no symptoms. That's just reality. I'd like to see these clinics put sexually active guys on a cycle of regular 3 month check-ups for an attractive price, spread the word on the new nasties out there and focus on removing the stigma around getting checked. After all, you WANT the whores visiting the clinic to stop the spread of disease, no?