"Poz & Healthy" - What Exactly Does That Mean?

rawTOP

• Administrators

I see all these ads for guys saying they're "poz and healthy" (example). I can see where that had real meaning 20 years ago, but what exactly does it mean in 2010 when the vast majority of poz guys are on meds and doing fine?

• 8 months later...

To me it means exactly the same as explained by the two previous posters. The first year or so after I was diagnosed I sure as hell couln't be called healthy, and the same when I was on a drug regimen that did not agree with me.

You would be surprised at how many people still associate poz with being 'Sick' and 'on the verge of death'. If anything, I'm now healthier than I was before finding out I was poz - there is a little extra motivation to keep an eye on my health and try to stay fit.

Poz + Healthy means just that - outside of being HIV+, you don't have any other health issues, either that be other STDs/diseases/infections/whatever.

• 9 years later...