60% of black 18 year olds will be poz by age 30

What advice would you give to a black gay teen?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. What advice would you give to a black gay teen?

• Take risk reduction seriously, even if it means less sex
    • Do risk reduction when you can, but don't let it limit your sex life
    • Just have fun. You're in your sexual prime - make the most of it!

Guest nelly26

This is old but black gay here. It's because of poverty, and black men mostly fucking other black men thus keeping their pool and circle of sexual partners small. The smaller the pool, the higher the rate and percentage of new infections.  Solutions - abstinence, prep, condoms and diverse sexual partners. 

Guest cardoc49
On 5/7/2014 at 5:28 PM, rawTOP said:

I just added a poll to the thread. Just curious what advice people would give to the theoretical black 18 year old who's looking at a 60% chance of becoming poz in the next 12 years.

Personally, I sorta wish I were 18 right now. This is a great time to be young and have some incredible sex. My advice would be to do risk reduction when it's convenient, but ultimately put sex first. So if the kid has access to PrEP - he should go on it, but if he can't I'd still tell him to get out there and have a lot of sex.

hey rawTOP: yes: I would do exactly as you suggest: HAVE A LOT OF SEX