Advice on San Francisco Baths/Clubs

a2malways

Looking for advice and getting details from conventional sources can be hard. I travel to the San Francisco area for work now and then. I have never been able to get to any baths or clubs due to work, or where we were staying, or activities with co-workers. Next time I go I will be staying near Union Square so location may not be an issue. I don't know the city well but it should be very walkable for the mission, tenderloin, chinatown neighbourhoods.

What would be the best options for:

A facility with full amenities including shower and douche?

Public play areas

Private rooms for rent

No ID policies (baths here in Toronto only ask for ID if you are signing up for a membership)

and preferably 24/7 hours.

I am really looking for a place that I can slip away to when I have a chance, get clean inside and out, get fucked, clean up and get back to my hotel in a few hours. Places that have areas for pubic play, dark rooms and private rooms are preferred. I an a bit on an exhibitionist but also like to be able to retire to a room. I am also looking to get some pictures of my ass filled and I don't want to be freaking anybody out with a camera outside a provate room.

Is the Steamworks in Berkeley too far away? I will not have a car.

What about other club/bar/arcade options? I don't have an objection to a bit of a tour: Start out at a bathhouse with full facilities, get clean, hook up, if necessary move on to a club that doesn't have these things. It is not always clear to me which of these places are full baths.

I am interested in trying some of the clubs, including ones that are Bi and Trans friendly (I am bisexual), but they tend to be restricted hours and/or lack things like douche facilities. Do you actually get women at these places? Getting fucked while eating pussy would be huge.

Also I strongly prefer uncut, which is less common in the US (although the West Coast seems a little more foreskinny). Are there places that are more likely to be popular with demographics that are likely to be uncut?

In SF, there really aren't any real "bathhouses" due to an old ordinances. They are mostly sex clubs. There is eros which is the most like a bathhouse (ie sauna, steamroom, towel dresscode, etc) but it does not have private rooms nor do they have an area to douche. The facility that best fits the traditional bathhouse definition would be Steamworks in Berkeley. Which is a 15min car ride from the city or you can take BART or a cab but traffic can be unpredictable and the cab ride could be around 40 dollars or more. They sexclubs are the Brig and Blowbuddies. That's pretty much it. There are the arcades w/gloryholes but again no bathrooms. Best of luck. Unfortunately, compared to Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, or even LA. San Francisco is pretty limited with the traditional sex venues. However, they are SERIOUSLY liberal with cruisey backrooms and play night at certain bars (Powerhouse (any night), Truck (Tuesday nights), and sometimes the Eagle (special Saturdays). I have seen guys getting fucked bareback and it at these venues and it's not an uncommon sight.

Also, it's a pretty gender segregated town. Normally, if chicks are around the dicks stay down. However, try PowerExchange (different from Powerhouse) which is VERY trans and sometimes bi. Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

@taye

Thx. I am staying quite near to PowerExchange, but I figure that the odds of getting what I want there are pretty low.

Looks like I am not too far from the Brig and Blowbuddies. Maybe a 10-15 minute walk. Do they at least have lockers or anywhere to place valuables or extra clothes? Apparently Folsom Gulch is near there. Do those places sell poppers and lube? I am empty handed.

Eros appears to be too far to walk but not far via cab or transit. I realize it doesn't have douche facilities or private rooms, but it has showers and lockers and areas for sex. I don't mind being public but do prefer to be clean and naked for sex, and have a shower afterwards, so the room is the least critical element.

Steamworks is obviously the best option. I have been to the one in Toronto frequently and the Vancouver location a couple of times. But I just don't thin that I will have the time to get over to Berkeley and back. Looks like it could easily add 2 hours round trip.

Any input on Eros? Will a trip to Berkeley add that much time? Where to buy poppers?

yes a trip to Berkeley will add a lot of time. I live in the Bay Area and I can tell you it is NOT a 15 min car ride from downtown SF to Berkeley.

I live in Nob Hill (downtown SF). Went to Berkeley on Friday. It is EXACTLY a 15-20 min car ride. Google it.

Yep, lockers or coatcheck in both places. Folsom Gulch (SOMA)/ Nob Hill Theatre (Union Square) both sell poppers/lube. Eros is on market street (main street for SF) easy access to transit/cabs/etc. Eros seems your best bet for sex/showers, location and timing wise. Check their website for times. Again, steamworks is perfect for what you are looking for but yes it's very out of the way. With no traffic, it's 15min car ride from downtown SF but traffiic/slow traffic varies throughout the day/week. So if you are pressed for time, I wouldn't risk it. Best of luck, enjoy the city.

Thx again.

Nob hill is not too far from my hotel, but not really into the stripper thing. Maybe the video booths. Seems like very mixed reviews of that place.

I think what I may do is hit folsom gulch, get some poppers and lube and check that place out. Maybe tour around and try the Brig and Blow Buddies. I probably have time to do that on one or another nights. If I get a long period of availability try to take transit to Steamworks (looked like about 45minutes to an hour) and if not then go to Eros.