BathHouses... before and after the internet.

Vbguy206

Do you guys notice any difference in how the baths were before the internet really became a viable way to get hook ups easier? Or after? I was talking to a guy today at steamworks in Berkeley and he brought up this point and he had me curious. So here I am. Anyone?

Yes to be honest. With craigslist it is easier to find tops who want to fuck. I still go to bathhouses but as all know they can be hit or miss. With the internet even if I get few responses I haven't wasted time and money.

now another side if you use craigslist you never are sure of what a guy looks like. In a bathhouse you see him.

i just find it easier on the internet

One thing that I still love about the bathhouses is I love to have a crowd watch....and when im in between fucks,I like to walk around.and.see other guys fucking and sucking.....nothing like the atmosphere of walking into a.room full of horny,sexually charged men and the smells and noises that accompany it....

Yes, I've seen a huge difference in how busy they get. Over the last decade there's been a huge drop-off in attendance. I first started going to bathhouses nearly 20 years ago. It used to be that no matter when you went you could count on there being a decent-sized crowd of horny men. I would often head over late on a weeknight, and there would always still be plenty of men actively cruising and fucking each other until the brink of dawn. But as people started to become more connected by the internet, the crowds started to dwindle to the point where they could no longer afford to stay open 24/7, and now close up at 11:00 each night except on weekends. I really miss what the baths used to be like. They were a convenient and relatively safe place for me to experiment and explore my sexuality while still in my late teens/early 20s, in a way that I don't think would have been possible without them.