May Or May Not Have Syphilis...

Three weeks ago, I had a red bump on my dick. The Monday before last, my eyelashs had become ingrown which was later discovered to be due to conjunctivitis of the eye. I later noticed my first sexual partner had suddenly become very ill with some weird neurological issues since we last met up, so I went to the doctor almost immediately to get a full STD panel. Today, I was told I may or may not have syphilis based on the screening they did: my initial test was negative, but a confirmatory test was done for some reason and it was reactive...

TL;DR: I'm hoping it's a false positive, but can syphilis be treated with just a single penicillin shot in the ass?

Sorry to hear about your scare. Hopefully it's all ok but unless it's late stage syphillis which is unlikely if you recently saw the bump and that wasn't just a coincidence, then yes, a penicillin shot should sort it out. Hoping for the best for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah and the insurance rejected it because it's "not on the formulary." I had to go to the public health department for treatment, and the clinic there said based on my results it was late latent syphilis. I've gotten tested every year so it was a shock to me! I've been having mono-like symptoms though lately... I wonder if it could be HIV? I've been tested for mono and strep throat and had my flu shot.  I've had a negative HIV test at eight weeks after a possible exposure, although I played with a guy since then unprotected when I was on PrEP for a week.

Edited by bethmygibbons

Guest pozarnoldPGH

NGU.... maybe ?

the reality is,  as human beings.... an organic living entity.... We are walking petri dishes.....    IF  it has your mind twisted, then consider your personal value system......   perhaps multiple changes are called for.   Above all else,   BANISH shame,   it has power   ONLY IF YOU ALLOW IT TO.   Blessed Be <3