I Have A Feb 2Nd Appointment, Any Input Updates From 1 Year Users Or Recent Guys On Prep?

Pitt1988

Scheduled an appointment with a nice "gay friendly" doc here in Pa; i was wondering if anyone who's been on the meds for at least a year or recent users has any input on any surprising side effects, if you have been going raw more often and have not experienced any issues so far as efficacy, and also have you had any issues with other sti's; thanks

Well i've only been on for five months, but can address some of your questions. I had slight stomach issues for the first few days and a headache (may not have been related since I do get headaches pretty frequently and other meds also cause them). After that nothing noticeable. 

I have been going raw with more people - only fucked bare with bf before (actually only fucked with bf before...)

Had my three month checkup and was clear. Also tested for other STI (been every month since I've been fucking around) and surprisingly haven't caught anything - fingers crossed.

So so far has been great...basically all the fun without the worry. 

Awesome, that's what i want to hear! I am super excited to began a real sex life; without constant worry and fear, we all deserve it. thanks for your info.

Btw i noticed your location as Portland, not sure if its Portland, Maine or Oregon, im currently in the Pittsburgh area planning to move to Portland,Or in the next 3 months, hows the scene there? im vers/top and love getting me some bttm boys to pound and fill; is there a big enough market for me in Portland lol?

March will be a year for me. Never had any side effects like stomach problem.  Only "side effect" was about 2 1/2 weeks of very vivid, intense dreams. Not bad just extremely realistic and strange ones. Kinda miss that actually because it was interesting.

March will be a year for me. Never had any side effects like stomach problem.  Only "side effect" was about 2 1/2 weeks of very vivid, intense dreams. Not bad just extremely realistic and strange ones. Kinda miss that actually because it was interesting.

Can anyone add to this as well? I specifically remember when starting PrEP I also had about a 2 week period of wet dreams. They're completely gone now but I remember the dreams specifically and when I'd wake up they're be cum in my bed.

I have been on it for about 4 months now. No side effects and no issues. BB'ing more for sure and enjoying it.  Had my 3 month check up and STI check up and all good.  If you can get on it, I say do it.  Side effects seem mild if at all.

• 1 month later...

Ignore him and look elsewhere; remember there is alot of healthcare and gay advocate organizations wanting us to feel guilty about condoms and protection; we have had 30 years of fear and stress over this virus, now that we have a tool to release the fear and feel sexually liberated everyone should be happy and excited about this breakthrough, not the case for some however, try finding another doctor to discuss this with or just get a prescription elsewhere, good luck

• Upvote 2