Infector Dies Of Aids

cam1972

Throughout the years whenever I got tested for HIV it was never done voluntarily. Why? I am very fearful of going to the doctor. And I am even more terrified when health care professionals draw my blood. My fears are very real. Many men refuse to get tested for just that reason. We are part of a group of men who would prefer to die rather than get tested.

In recent years I have known African American men who have died from AIDS because they refused to get tested. The stigma of being a black man with AIDS (especially in the inner cities ) is driving this refusal to get tested. To this day I know black guys who tell me they don't know their HIV status and/or they don't care.

My condolences to you for the loss of your friend.

For those of us of a certain age, reading of an AIDS related death is always difficult.  When in high school, I was fucking with a guy a few years ahead of me in school.  When in school, he was not really all that interesting, but he liked to fuck.  Once he graduated, he really changed.  In fact, he was almost a cartoon of an early 1980's gay man.  He was dead from AIDS by mid 1982.  Although our fuck fusions had slowed down a lot, I am certain that I had been with him in the 6 months prior to his death.  Some slight differences and I could have easily become a victim of those very dark days.

So, as the OP has had to do, I had to mourn for a lost friend----lost to the simple act of enjoying sex.  I had to learn a lesson of why the world hated gays and thought we "deserved" that fate and I had to understand how close to death I was.  The "what ifs" from that even were difficult to deal with.

So for the op and for others who have experienced this type of loss, you know it hits you multiple ways......very personal in each way.

We are all so fortunate in other ways.  We have drugs that help us live with HIV+, we have drugs to help avoid conversion and we have sites like this where we can share out thoughts and feelings on this very difficult subject.

Guest ff-whole

I can only recall one guy that I briefly knew who died of AIDS...

It was somewhere in the early 2000 something...

Personally I have been taking on and off risk full and unprotected loads or at the least fucks with pre-cum since the 80's.

When I met the guy, the door was opened by a friend. He thought I was part of a party and he showed me the bathroom and then the bedroom. The Poz guy was already making out with two other guys and they looked at me kind of strange...

However, the Poz guy started to finger me and I opened up. I ended up getting fisted to the astonishment of two other guests...

When I started clean up the two guys must have told the Poz guy that I wasn't part of the entourage, so the Poz guy asked me if I could return another time... No problem...

The other time, about half a year later the door was opened again by the friend, but instead of letting me in he told me he was just discussing the death as a result of Aids of his friend with the father of the deceased.

All I could do was showed him my respect and condolences and leave.

Quite an eye opener for me to tell you the truth...