Ending A New Relationship

RWHID

I'm back. We discussed it. After I ended it he still stayed here until Sunday. His ex passed away after being hit by a car, mine went to prison. We both realized we were both still dealing with issues from our past and that it's best we do our own thing. He admitted he needed to grow up, and I love that about him. We are still friends, chat every day since he went back home. I think this might be the first non sexual gay friend I have, well, ignoring the one time sex we did have. LOL

Gay friends often started as hookups.

• 8 years later...
On 7/9/2016 at 10:17 AM, RWHID said:

I finally started a new relationship, if you can call it that. I met a guy on Grindr (I know, never get in a relationship with a guy from a hookup app). He is 18, was 60 miles away, and he seems very mature for his age. We clicked well during chatting for a few weeks. We both decided to date, he came down and has stayed here for about two weeks now. He doesn't seem to want to do anything. He says he wants to get a job, but I have to hound him to do the applications, and when he gets to the point of submission, he always closes it off and says he will do it later? His excuse is that his ID and SS card are at his mom's house, who supposedly won't send them to him. He is very clingy, and I do not like that at all. I use to be, then I got out of it. I can't go to the next room without him wanting to know where I'm going and why. He always wants to kiss, I like to too, but he wants to every 30 minutes it seems, and if I act like I don't want to, he will get up in my face and not stop until I sass him or give in. I HATE IT. He also talks way too much during shows that I watch, and telling him to flat out "shut up" doesn't seem to help at all!! Today is my birthday, and trying to be happy for a day... selfish me... I want him gone... ASAP... but I hate being mean. How do you explain you have nothing in common and it's time he went back home? Sad thing is his mom kicked him out for being gay, so he said, though she knows he's here and even asked if he was coming back. I don't know. He brought one bag of clothes, and that's it. Nothing else. I am not going to support him when I can barely support myself. Maybe I am mint to be alone? Right now it seems that's all I want. Is there a way to explain a relationship just isn't working and it needs to end before it goes further without hurting him??

Why do people do this. Older guys always want to get with these young guys and then when you’re tired of them because ….omg shocker that he acts like his age! Especially kids like this who get kicked out for being gay. All these guys ever want is someone they can trust in and someone that can understand what they are going through. Yet they end up getting left and dropped off with no option , no where to go and the only thing / way to survive out there on a whiM is to either start doing drugs or to let other creepy old men take you in on the basis of please me and I’ll please you . It’s fucking ridiculous. I’m so pissed off cause as you describe the situation I went through the same shit your saying he did. Countless times I counted on people to be there for me and I was always let down. Thank god I finally ended up playing my cards right cause I’m doing okay now but fuck it was the hardest time of life and I remember I hated everyone then. If you want him gone at least set him up to go away from you don’t just drop him like a bad habit

On 7/9/2016 at 11:17 AM, RWHID said:

I finally started a new relationship, if you can call it that. I met a guy on Grindr (I know, never get in a relationship with a guy from a hookup app). He is 18, was 60 miles away, and he seems very mature for his age. We clicked well during chatting for a few weeks. We both decided to date, he came down and has stayed here for about two weeks now. He doesn't seem to want to do anything. He says he wants to get a job, but I have to hound him to do the applications, and when he gets to the point of submission, he always closes it off and says he will do it later? His excuse is that his ID and SS card are at his mom's house, who supposedly won't send them to him. He is very clingy, and I do not like that at all. I use to be, then I got out of it. I can't go to the next room without him wanting to know where I'm going and why. He always wants to kiss, I like to too, but he wants to every 30 minutes it seems, and if I act like I don't want to, he will get up in my face and not stop until I sass him or give in. I HATE IT. He also talks way too much during shows that I watch, and telling him to flat out "shut up" doesn't seem to help at all!! Today is my birthday, and trying to be happy for a day... selfish me... I want him gone... ASAP... but I hate being mean. How do you explain you have nothing in common and it's time he went back home? Sad thing is his mom kicked him out for being gay, so he said, though she knows he's here and even asked if he was coming back. I don't know. He brought one bag of clothes, and that's it. Nothing else. I am not going to support him when I can barely support myself. Maybe I am mint to be alone? Right now it seems that's all I want. Is there a way to explain a relationship just isn't working and it needs to end before it goes further without hurting him??

On 7/23/2016 at 7:28 PM, RWHID said:

I'm back. We discussed it. After I ended it he still stayed here until Sunday. His ex passed away after being hit by a car, mine went to prison. We both realized we were both still dealing with issues from our past and that it's best we do our own thing. He admitted he needed to grow up, and I love that about him. We are still friends, chat every day since he went back home. I think this might be the first non sexual gay friend I have, well, ignoring the one time sex we did have. LOL

This was a good read. Thanks for resurrecting this story from 8 years ago.

The young man in the story would be about 26 years old now. I wonder how he turned out.