Loosing weight after seroconverting

ericnl

Since I seroconverted a few months ago I had all the normal signs like the flu. The flu lasted for about 5 weeks (with fever, nightsweats, swollen glands and terrible headaches) and had major trouble with my bowles. Now everything returned back to normal except I keep loosing weight. Now I could loose some kilo's but now after 15 kilo's it's enough. My brother is a medical doctor and is specialized in the digestive system and he has tested me but could not find anything wrong. He is also familiar with hiv and aids but says it is not common to loose weight so soon after sero converting.

Did anyone else had this kind of symptoms and what did you do to stop the weight loss?

Eric

I don't know when I converted, although I have a rough idea. I had well over a month of troubles with my bowels. After that it started to abate.

I can't remember how long after it was, that I was hospitalized but overall I lost over 25 lbs (11kg). Maybe a bit more at the time, but have since stabilized at the -25 point.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally found out what is wrong with me! My doctor did a colonoscopy (done by a very hot doctor!) and run a few tests. Seems my Crohn's disease is back in town! It has been dorment for more than 15 years, so I kinda had forgotten I'm a Crohn's patient! Now I have to take meds for it again, it is a rather aggresive treatment for 2 weeks that will most likely cure the current inflamation.

One thing that had me worried for a bit: My doctor forbid me to have anything up my ass for a while. Oh well... I did as he ordered.... for about 48hrs:grin:

• 1 month later...