Time until tests show other STIs than HIV

kalyne

Hi,

I'm on prep and had a quite wild weekend in a bathhouse.

Now, I'd like to know how long does it take, until the tests for other STIs like Chlamydia, Syphillis/Lues, gonorrhea, hep might show reliable results in a test.

For HIV the lab test says 6 weeks, but what about the other ones?

Just now, kalyne said:

Hi,

I'm on prep and had a quite wild weekend in a bathhouse.

Now, I'd like to know how long does it take, until the tests for other STIs like Chlamydia, Syphillis/Lues, gonorrhea, hep might show reliable results in a test.

For HIV the lab test says 6 weeks, but what about the other ones?

Bacterial STI's except syphilis, will generally show up on tests or give symptoms within a week.  Syphilis can take longer as its gets into the blood stream, but it can vary widely from a week to months.  With that said, if you picked up say Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, early stage Syphilis will also often be cured by its treatment. 

HCV is like HIV and will be about 6 weeks. 

If you're on Prep I wouldn't worry too much unless you have symptoms and just make sure you get a full panel done at your next Prep check which should always be within 3 months.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the fast response.

My next regular prep check with the full panel is scheduled in 2 months. I was thinking when becoming more sexually active I could add a test sometime in between to faster get myself and my regular fuckbuddies noticed as early as possible.

8 minutes ago, kalyne said:

Thanks for the fast response.

My next regular prep check with the full panel is scheduled in 2 months. I was thinking when becoming more sexually active I could add a test sometime in between to faster get myself and my regular fuckbuddies noticed as early as possible.

Only you can really judge that. You may or may not need in between tests. It also depends on what your definition of a wild night is.  For some guys that could be 3 guys for some that could be 30+