throat gono - PA or RN opinion needed :)

wildbottom

Hey all - I think I remember seeing comments from an RN or a PA on here - hopefully you can chime in.  Got my latest tests (every 3 months) and all was as expected except positive for throat gono (Pharyngeal Gonorrhea)...ok, so I LOVE sucking dick.  Urine and rectal gono were both negative.  Dr didn't note any need for treatment - so I thought,,,why not?

From what I've found, it appears the gonoccoci bacterial cannot thrive in the throat like they do in urine and rectal locations...resulting in 50% cure rate within 1 week and 100% cure rate within 3 months with no treatment. WTF?  So although protocol is to treat all three locations to stop a spread to other partners, the reality is that if I don't have sex for the next three months I don't need treatment...is that right?

AND, in addition, two studies show that gargling full Listerine (full alcohol version) reduces the chance of getting a positive result by 50% even during those three months where it would still be active. Lastly, even though some strains are resistant to penicillin and doxy they still recommend a 7 day 100mg twice a day Doxy regimen as a first choice to shorten the cure duration.

PAs, RNs - gimme some info (and your cocks please) :)

• Upvote 2