Infection after stopping PrEP

LKMike

So I seem to notice a lot of guys say they get infected their first exposure after stopping PrEP. Just wondering if this is a known thing. Are you more susceptible to infection after stopping PrEP? Is there a window of time after stopping PrEP that one is more vulnerable to infection?

• Like 1

I’ve been off PrEP for over a year.  I have been bred over a dozen times by strangers I hook up with online. Still Neg. I’m not really looking to get pozzed and should get back on PrEP, but I’m a bit lazy with dr appointments.   

This is a question I've had for a while as well, and I don't think there is any scientific evidence to show this correlation. I think it's a matter of bad luck, or, some individuals stopping PrEP may be less adherent than others and may not be properly protected in their final month, so the last "one" exposure turns into the last month of exposures.