Registration on barebackrt.com

Guest flamey

I have been trying to register on barebackrt.com for a week now and every single time I experience this message (that does not make any sense at all).
I have used google, firefox, internet explorer 2011 and made sure that no proxies are active in the browser.
Has anybody else experienced this? Is there any way around it?

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

I moved your post because it has nothing to do with this site (hence doesn't belong in the help section for this site).

But to answer your question, you're probably using a VPN (a Virtual Private Network). Or at least BBRT thinks you are. They probably have a list of IP addresses that have been known to be used by VPNs and they're blocking those IPs. If your IP had been used by a VPN service in the past that might be enough to get you blocked (assuming you're not using a VPN). VPNs obscure where a person is coming from. That can be problematic for site owners. Hackers love to look like they're coming from somewhere else.

It's also possible that you turned on a VPN and have since forgotten you had it turned on.

To run a test to see what BBRT might be seeing, go here:

https://www.maxmind.com/en/locate-my-ip-address

That will tell you a bunch of stuff (you'll need to scroll sideways to see everything). Is your location close to where you are? If not, then you're on a VPN. Is the ISP listed your ISP? If not, you're on a VPN.

If you're still sure you're not on a VPN after looking at that information, then I suggest you try to get a different IP address. Assuming you're on some sort of home network, unplug your router before you go to bed, then plug it in when you get up in the morning and you'll probably have a different IP address. (Write it down before you go to bed – the link above will tell you what it is).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, rawTOP said:

I moved your post because it has nothing to do with this site (hence doesn't belong in the help section for this site).

But to answer your question, you're probably using a VPN (a Virtual Private Network). Or at least BBRT thinks you are. They probably have a list of IP addresses that have been known to be used by VPNs and they're blocking those IPs. If your IP had been used by a VPN service in the past that might be enough to get you blocked (assuming you're not using a VPN). VPNs obscure where a person is coming from. That can be problematic for site owners. Hackers love to look like they're coming from somewhere else.

It's also possible that you turned on a VPN and have since forgotten you had it turned on.

To run a test to see what BBRT might be seeing, go here:

[think before following links] https://www.maxmind.com/en/locate-my-ip-address

That will tell you a bunch of stuff (you'll need to scroll sideways to see everything). Is your location close to where you are? If not, then you're on a VPN. Is the ISP listed your ISP? If not, you're on a VPN.

If you're still sure you're not on a VPN after looking at that information, then I suggest you try to get a different IP address. Assuming you're on some sort of home network, unplug your router before you go to bed, then plug it in when you get up in the morning and you'll probably have a different IP address. (Write it down before you go to bed – the link above will tell you what it is).

Barebackrt is horrible!! I had a profile ob there several years ago, like 2008 was the last time I had used it. So a few weeks ago I decided to give it a go and see if it had changed, but when I tried to login I got a message that my account had been deactivated with no reason given. I assumed it was because I had been inactive for so long. The site wouldn’t let me make a new profile with my original email address so I used my alternate one. I did remember how the site really does suck if you don’t pay for membership, so I purchased a month and set out endlessly scrolling through profiles of the profiles of the same 5 guys that were online all those year ago.

All was well for a little over a week, my photos were approved and I was mid-conversation with a top, had my address typed and was about to click send when all of a sudden I was logged out of the site, upon attempting to log back in, I get a message that my account had been deactivated. I checked my email, no explanation, the charge for my membership had posted immediately si I was 100% sure it hadn’t been declined. All I knew to do was email support.

Several days passed with no reply, so I send another email and this time I go ahead and request a refund since I has purchased a full month’s subscription and was only able to use the site for 8 days. Still after a week no reply.

After waiting a period 3 weeks, a time frame that is more than adequate to have at least gotten a canned message that they were looking into this issue, but still nothing.

i compose yet another email to the site’s support informing them that since they obviously had no desire for anything aside from stealing my money and deactivating my account with no explanation, that they should expect a chargeback from my bank. Less than 5 minutes I get THE most hateful message from John & bbrt support accusing me of creating multiple profiles and using fraudulent cards to pay for subscriptions. He called me a “faggot who was nothing more than a lying, thieving, piece of shit,” then he ended his childish name calling by telling me to fuck off.

I was not even given the opportunity to ask for him to clarify what the hell he was even talking about because when emailed him he had blocked me. Not a very professional way to run a business.

has anyone else had any issue from their support?