NEW FEATURE: Map of logged in members

rawTOP

User Map: Good Idea Or Bad?  

283 members have voted

1. 1. User Map: Good Idea Or Bad?

• I don't like it. It reveals too much about me, etc.
    • I like it the way it is.
    • I want it to show screen names.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something in that map data is nonsecured content - my IE9 on win7 has not shown anything until I selected "show all content" from the security prompt on the page. The pin is off by about 2 miles, at least I think it is the one representing me, but for suburbs not very important and it is better like that. It is only accurate as long as google thinks it is accurate.

I tried to see such map from 3 different web browsers, nothing worked, until I checked from an old laptop I have and I finally could. Even though it doesn't reveal identity and lacks accuracy, I don't live in a place with hundreds of guys connected at the same time, so it's not impossible for someone who knows me to spot me, based on approximate location and the way I express myself.

Privacy in a site like this is the most important thing to me, and I guess I'm not alone on this, as not everyone is an open barebacker. The nature/purpose of this site is to express ideas, not to meet/hook up with guys, I think I haven't seen an open forum about anything in which members actually meet, they only share ideas, comment on things, on the site, and if they meet it's their decision, as breednseed said, I don't want a crazy nasty man bothering me. So, having a map revealing approximate location of users, and as so many are asking for it, possibly will include names on the pins in the near future. I know majority always win, they decide for everyone, but this is something that needs to be corrected, as more people know of this feature, more will leave this site. There are other options to make everyone happy, closeted barebackers and open ones, those who want to meet, and those who don't, etc.

Because of this, as I read that I can't cancel my account, that I'd have to wait for it to become inactive, I decided to stop logging in, I won't post anymore. I will check the site from time to time and read what others are talking about, but I won't participate anymore. This way I'll be more anonymous. If I see this feature gone, or an option to not send our location, I'd be glad to come back.

Thank you all, I really enjoyed this site; interesting topics I talk with no one, made me realize I'm not alone on this fetish as I used to think. Also liked how respectful everyone is, compared to other forums and sites, I found this to be the most relaxed and friendly.

Good Bye.