Using MISTR to get PREP Prescription

Guest NSAFUCKBUD

Guest NSAFUCKBUD

I am new to the world of bareback sex.  I got hooked a few months ago when a FB assured me he was on PREP.  I am a total top and understood I had a low risk of becoming HIV+, but knowing my FB was on PREP gave me some more peace of mind.  

I saw an ad by a company called MISTR so I thought I would check it out.  I am glad I did.  BTW,  I am not in anyway affiliated with MISTR nor am I receiving any compensation for posting this message.

I filled out a detailed health questionnaire and sent it to MISTR.  I then scheduled an online consultation which was performed by a physician.  The consultation went without a glitch and, in the interim, I had received a home test kit to collect urine, blood and oral/anal swabs.  MISTR has an online video hosted by a hilarious drag queen to help you understand how to do the testing.  The only uncomfortable part was using the lancet to draw blood from my finger so I could submit a blood sample.  I collected the specimens and then shipped them off to a lab in a pre-paid mailer provided by MISTR.  I had paid noting to MISTR and have never been asked for credit card/payment information.  

This morning I got the results of the lab back.  It took 8 days to get the results.  Everything was negative and I was informed via email my prescription for PREP had been sent to MISTR’s pharmacy.  I now await the medication. 

I am curious to know if anyone sees a downside to getting PREP through his process.  Right now it is difficult for me to schedule an appointment with a clinic and I wanted to get on PREP asap.  It is probably taking me a few weeks longer to get the prescription but I can live with the wait.  I anticipate that by this time next week I will be on the meds.

BTW— do any of you who are on PREP use the “PREP on Demand” dosing instead of taking it daily?  IF so, how is that working out for you.

Please stay sane, safe and healthy during this pandemic, men.

Edited by NSAFUCKBUD
Spelling errors and poor grammar

I used them for a bit last year but switched to a regular doctor after multiple refill requests went unanswered. Hopefully you’ll have a better experience than I did! It’s definitely a lot easier than the traditional route. 

Guest NSAFUCKBUD

I’ll let you know how it works out.  They notified me yesterday my first prescription was shipped.  It has been very convenient.  Sorry to hear they were not responsive in filling your prescription.

5 hours ago, Gympumper said:

I’ll let you know how it works out.  They notified me yesterday my first prescription was shipped.  It has been very convenient.  Sorry to hear they were not responsive in filling your prescription.

Nice! I have no bad feelings towards them, sometimes things just don’t work out! 

I get my script from my primary physician (KP) and she has me set up for full STD testing every 3 months. But then I use a PDF of the script along with a PDF of my passport to purchase from Dynamix.  purchaseprep.com I think.

For payment I do a bank transfer to their bank in Australia. It's $69 for a 3month supply and that includes shipping. The PrEP I've received from all three orders so far was labeled for Singapore - same factory as our Gilead PrEP.  

Guest NSAFUCKBUD

I am amazed at MISTR’s service.  My test results can back on Sunday and I was approved for PREP based on the negative profile.  Monday I received notification that the prescription has been received by the pharmacy and would be filled.  Yesterday, I received the UPS tracking notice.  Today, I took my first dose of Descovy.  I am FUCKING AMPED and looking to fuck. . .