just a suggestion - make a differentiation between an “update” and a “comment”

my suggestion is specifically regarding the fiction sections, but i’m sure there are other forums that could benefit from this feature. 

the fiction forums (possibly all forums) are set to display results by most recently updated. often times, the results that come back are just whichever stories have recently received a “hot story” or “can’t wait for part __” comment. 

there are usually a few results that actually have a story update mixed in there though. 

it could just be me, but when i’m interested in sorting by recently updated stories, i’m looking for story continuation; not compliments and comments for the author. 

i typically end up re-sorting by start date, so it at least gives me results that most likely have fictional content i haven’t encountered yet.

maybe include “recently updated” and “newest comments” as separate options for sorting results?

just a thought. 🙂

Edited by dfwcumboy

• Administrators

This has been suggested previously (I'm too lazy to look for the other thread, if someone finds it, I'm happy to merge them).

But yes, what you're suggesting makes sense, but is not possible with the current software. In a few years if I move the stories to something I develop, then I can sort by things like last post by the original poster.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.