New boyfriend

Guest Nolimitscumdump

Guest Nolimitscumdump

I live with my parents at the moment but my boyfriend and I plan on moving in together. A couple problems there.  I havent really told my parents I’m gay cause they aren’t fond of anything LGBT. Also by boyfriends 20 years older than me. I think they will be fine with me being gay but not my bf age. I’m 26 and he’s 45. I’m afraid they will call him a creep and will treat him badly cause he’s older. What should I do?

There's a lot to unpack here. If you think they'll be fine with you being gay, it might be a good idea to come out to them. Then let them know you're dating someone who's special to you and casually mention that he's older.

My bf is almost 50 and older than my mom, but she's fine with him and she knows I love him. They don't really interact but he does little, thoughtful things to impress her and show her that he treats me like his prince. Maybe your new bf can do the same thing to make a good impression on your parents.

• Like 1

I think, you should go further step by step. First you should come out. You know your parents how they will react to these news. You should give them time to arrange this thing in their mind. If they are okay with this, you can tell them about your partnership. 

You are an adult and as I suppose an independent person who lives with his parents only because of the COVID. So if they can’t accept the news you don’t depend on them financially. It can be hard emotionally but if they love you, they will accept your bf, but let them enough time. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, Nolimitscumdump said:

I live with my parents at the moment but my boyfriend and I plan on moving in together. A couple problems there.  I havent really told my parents I’m gay cause they aren’t fond of anything LGBT. Also by boyfriends 20 years older than me. I think they will be fine with me being gay but not my bf age. I’m 26 and he’s 45. I’m afraid they will call him a creep and will treat him badly cause he’s older. What should I do?

I’m 51 my husband is 25.  We’ve been married two years his parents are 20 yrs older than me and don’t have any problems with us. My parents are 78 and not at all gay friendly but have come around and they love him.  Just come out and be honest it may take them a bit to get used to it but in the end as long as you’re happy that’s all that matters