Just got this from the doctors office

Guest Chub4Poz

Guest Chub4Poz

Can anyone tell me what this means? I don't have my next appointment till next week. It looks like there is multiple strains, but again I don't know how to read this. Is there anyone that knows what this means?

HIV resistance.jpg

Means u do NOT have hiv that is resistant to any of the antiretroviral drugs used. This is to help the clinician decide what drug regime is suitable for u. Just the common HIV-1 subtype B which is most common in America, Europe and Australasia. Don't worry bout it, I am sure the doctor can discuss the result with u and how to proceed from thereon.

Edited by cfuckhole

Guest Chub4Poz
Just now, cfuckhole said:

Means u do NOT have hiv that is resistant to any of the antiretroviral drugs used. This is to help the clinician decide what drug regime is suitable for u. Just the common HIV subtype B which is most common in America, Europe and Australasia. Don't worry bout it, I am sure the doctor can discuss the result with u and how to proceed from thereon.

Thank you.

If you look at the bottom of the result, it does list that your strain has other mutations for the RT (reverse transcriptase) gene and the PR (protease) gene. Variability in those genes are expected, and as long as they are not resistant to the nrti, nnrti or pi used, the clinician can decide what is the best choice treatment for u. 

Guest Chub4Poz
Just now, cfuckhole said:

If you look at the bottom of the result, it does list that your strain has other mutations for the RT (reverse transcriptase) gene and the PR (protease) gene. Variability in those genes are expected, and as long as they are not resistant to the nrti, nnrti or pi used, the clinician can decide what is the best choice treatment for u. 

Thank you. All I saw was "NO" listed next to all those meds, and I was trying to figure it out.