"Fuzzy" Search

I know @rawTOP is working on some other sites related to BZ so I wanted to share an idea I had. 

Sites like BBRT, NKP etc have various attributes you can set on a profile like top, vers, btm, poz, poz u/d, neg, prep, bear, muscled, skinny, athletic, etc etc. 

When searching for guys you can set a filter, but typically guys have to be an exact match to get through: eg: Poz+Top+Muscle+Bear+United Kingdom+Leather+Rubber+Tattoos+Piercings - this limits the results to a very narrow selection. This is good in some circumstances but when you've exhausted the five options it returns, what next?

What'd be great when specifying a search is to have a selector box for each parameter that has five options:

"--" Stong preference not

"-" Prefer not

"." Don' care either way

"+" Prefer

"++" Strong preference

The profiles are then scored according to your selections and sorted according to how close they match the specified preferences. 

That makes it easier to find guys who're almost a match but not fulfilling every single criteria.

A so called "fuzzy" search.  

Distance might play into this too - you may be inclined to travel further for someone who is a closer match, for instance. 

Good idea? Bad idea? 

(For the record I much prefer meeting people IRL in a bar, sauna or back room or something. This is just to try and make online world a little less painful) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.