Annoying black box that prevents me from reading text.

So I often use the mobile site of breeding zone and as I've navigated throughout this site, there's been an annoying black box that just randomly appears over large areas of text, preventing me from reading it. Same shit happens sometimes when I'm trying to reply to a post - it will cover over what I'm trying to type making it extremely difficult!

I use the Bromite browser on stock Android 10, teracube version 2e 06. (Teracube is the manufacturer of my phone and 2e is the name of my phone).

On 8/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, ScaredAndShy said:

So I often use the mobile site of breeding zone and as I've navigated throughout this site, there's been an annoying black box that just randomly appears over large areas of text, preventing me from reading it. Same shit happens sometimes when I'm trying to reply to a post - it will cover over what I'm trying to type making it extremely difficult!

I use the Bromite browser on stock Android 10, teracube version 2e 06. (Teracube is the manufacturer of my phone and 2e is the name of my phone).

I am loathe to suggest that the problem is entirely on your end, but given that you have a very "niche" phone and you're using a very "niche" browser on it, I'd suggest you try using other browsers on the phone first, to see if it's a bug in this browser implementation.

If the problem persists, it could be something on the site, but it also could be something with the phone and its operating system. Unfortunately, website developers can't code to get around every quirk in every browser out there. Since Bromite is trying to block anything it thinks is an ad, I'd be willing to bet that it's the cause of the problem. I hate intrusive ads as much as anyone, but for a free site, ads are pretty much essential, so I wouldn't expect sites to want to put effort into making their content work with ad-blocking browsers.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.