Family - out/not out -

badubydo

Alright. It’s been some time since I had came out as being Bi-sexual. After a cousin tried to hold it over my head, I came out on FB as a way to say “fuck you.” And to show it I didn’t give a damn if my family/friends knew I was bi, nor did I care what they thought of me. 

Fast forward some years. I have an “Auntie” by relationship,  not blood. (Filipino thing). We’ve known her for years, and my grandparents have helped her out. 

well she has a few grandkids. One is gay, and out. Bit of an oddball. 

she knows I’m bi, how, honestly I’m not sure. I think she may have seen it on my fb post. Or she overheard a family member talking about it. 

she decided to tell her grandson my sexuality which I think was a bit ridiculous, and totally unneeded but he was struggling mentally so she figured it may help him, why I don’t know. I never really talked to him. We’ve had his mom and him come over help do yard work (neither worked so we paid them).

that was the extent of the contact I’ve had with him. 

now just the other day I posted on my FB about receiving some Girl Scout cookies I had ordered 

he sends me a message about having them in his pocket. I ignore it. 

I have a Grindr profile. My picture is on there, clear picture. I get a notification today from him. 

“never thought I’d see you on here. I have your cookies in my pocket” I didn’t read the message any further, I promptly deleted my profile 

now, only a handful of my friends know about my sexual activities, how I bottom, the toys I have, things I have done. None of my family know, nor do they need to know. 

In a case like this, what any of you have done? 

my Grindr profile had nothing explicit in it. Just my picture. 

I am bisexual but heteroromantic . I have no desire to date, or marry men. 

I just find this to be creepy. It’s one thing to message me and see how I’m doing. But just how my privately messaged me on FB then found me on Grindr and proceeded to message me again. I don’t like it. 

• Like 1

If it's making you uncomfortable then you need to tell him to back off. It's one thing to shoot your shot - I don't think there's anything wrong with it. But when someone isn't responding, that means they aren't interested. At that point, it's rude and pointless to keep pestering them.

Since he PM'd you, message him back and let him know you aren't into him and don't want to keep receiving those messages.

Also, the cousin who tried to hold your sexuality over your head sounds like a major asshat. Good for you for reclaiming your power and coming out on your own. People who do that have deep issues.

18 hours ago, badubydo said:

“never thought I’d see you on here. I have your cookies in my pocket” I didn’t read the message any further, I promptly deleted my profile 

now, only a handful of my friends know about my sexual activities, how I bottom, the toys I have, things I have done. None of my family know, nor do they need to know. 

In a case like this, what any of you have done? 

my Grindr profile had nothing explicit in it. Just my picture. 

In my case it was different - I'd been on grindr for a while and found my cousin's profile. We had a lot of sexual tension for months and I kept daring myself to talk to him about it, then backing out at the last second. Finally I asked him if he wanted to chill and he invited me over, and we ended up making out in his garage. Then we took things further but it was all just for fun. I'm a total bottom and he's a vers bottom, so there's a limit to what we could do together. He topped me a few times, then we kinda stopped hooking up and now we're just really close friends.

Edited by backdoorjimmy
Forgot to quote a section from the original post